gas price thread

I dont think we have avoided a recession at all just becuase the price of oil has fallen a few dollars in the off peak seasons soon as winter comes demand will increase and the refinery wont be producing any extra so expect a climb in around 2 months.

We printed so much money that inflation went through the roof now we will see the next stage of the process to try and keep the fed in control is currency debasement.

Australia is paying 10 dollars a lettuce, 30% increase on mortgage payments and a whole load of other rises in bills so i cant see how there won't be struggles as people fail on the credit they owe let alone pay the bills.

Thats without even mentioning china and the housing crisis shitshow thats been developed over along time people are struggling but the rich ignore it and depending on news source the reality differs.

As one door closes another opens and someones poverty is another mans riches, for me i owe no debt but doesn't make me a wise man as all the rich tend to lend money in crisis to make it work for them when its at its cheapest and another round of toff stimulus is awaiting trust me or not history will repeat its enivitable.

Can't tell when your in a recession. You know by looking back in history. The news spouted recession for over a week to brainwash everyone and it mostly worked. You don't hear a word about it now, unless your here or listening to business news.

My option is it political!

Most things are political influence, supply and demand works for goods jobs and currency so when we closed up for covid the effect was not to instantly felt same for the money stimulus put in effect to recover its effectsbtake time to become established.

China is operating zero covid and thinking of devaluing itself by bailing out the market in a simular way to 2008, its the first time china has missed growth targets so theres possible decades of pain to be felt in some areas of the globe pakistan and alike.

Money is like weather it don't rain on everyone at once or can you really predict the total rain fall and position we just see a large cloud and possibilitys and only can we tally it all up after the fact.

The U.S. hasn't had a real recovery since 2008, only on paper. Constant stimulus will not be able to continue without consequence, and we are seeing that in the form of out of control inflation. Likelihood of total economic collapse and accompanied currency is high(eg. Weimar Republic in the 1920s, Zimbabwe 2005, Argentina 2000, today's Venezuela, ect).

My neighborhood officially has an "unemployment rate" of under 4%, but in truth 24% would be closer to the reality that people are living. There's so much screwery with the statistics that there is no way to directly compare the unemployment rate of today with that of the 1970s or 1980s because the methodology used today greatly and deliberately undercounts the total unemployed. Just like with the CPI undercounting the real rate of cost increases.

That being said, due to a rigged/manipulated market, gold and silver are both relatively cheap right now compared to what goods could historically be purchased with the amount of money needed to buy them on a per-ounce basis, ESPECIALLY silver. Stocking up on some if you have the money is not a bad idea. The price could moonshot, especially if the overleveraged papers market is exposed for the fraud that it is. THEN consider how much silver is needed for solar panels and other components that are necessary for renewable energy systems. I think a massive shortage of silver is going to develop in the coming years, and there are very limited substitutes for it regarding industrial applications as well. Keeping silver artificially cheap does have the benefit of allowing all sorts of surveillance tech to be cheaply mass produced, so that might be part of the reason for the manipulation of its price.

Economics' is really complicated. The experts don't get it right most of the time. They always pick the one's that do after the fact.

Gold, Silver are safe havens when the Economy is contracting or when the sky is falling/recession. If they are cheap, that is an indicator that we are moving forward. Gasoline/fuel is another indicator but is heavily weighted, it affects most things that are shipped.

We have a driving season every year. Just before driving season Gas prices are raised. They are raised every year, after that the prices are lowered. Just like this year. As economics' are not simple, this year we had a perfect storm. Driving Season + War + Pandemic = higher gas prices.

All the talk about moving to electric has the Oil Companies talking. What are they thinking? What are they doing now?

One more fact that really makes my jaw drop. Mature Economies do not grow at a fast rate. Any talk that compares us to industrial times and getting our growth back up is pure fantasy. 5 years ago they tried to get us back to 4% and what do we have now. If you over heat the economy you get inflation.

What makes economics difficult is that you're trying to predict human behaviors. Anyone who tells you they have the answers also has a bridge to sell.
ZeroEm said:
Can't tell when your in a recession. You know by looking back in history. The news spouted recession for over a week to brainwash everyone and it mostly worked. You don't hear a word about it now, unless your here or listening to business news.
Fact is, the COVID recession was only gonna be dug out of by people spending money like usual; Biden and the fed have had to run their own propaganda to get people to just beings consumers again, but also not too much to risk hysterias and shocks.

Ianhill said:
I dont think we have avoided a recession at all just becuase the price of oil has fallen a few dollars in the off peak seasons soon as winter comes demand will increase and the refinery wont be producing any extra so expect a climb in around 2 months.
As I showed, CPI appears to be rounding off now and my investor friends aren't as nervous anymore. They do actual back-end work for the major investment companies- think Schwalb or TD Ameritrade- and they aren't spooked like they were a couple months ago.

Ianhill said:
China is operating zero covid and thinking of devaluing itself by bailing out the market in a simular way to 2008, its the first time china has missed growth targets so theres possible decades of pain to be felt in some areas of the globe pakistan and alike.

Money is like weather it don't rain on everyone at once or can you really predict the total rain fall and position we just see a large cloud and possibilitys and only can we tally it all up after the fact.
China is not operating at zero-COVID. They shut down the entire city of Shenzen a few months ago for ~500 cases and even starved their own people in their homes.
They're rolling tanks out in front of their banks last week to keep people from withdrawling money; I could see a liquidity crisis occurring if another providence couldn't pay their debts (since all of them run in the red now) and the CCP had to bail them out. Seems like the answer the CCP has to all serious monetary issues or corporate collapse (Evergarden) is just to buy their debts and nationalize.

The Toecutter said:
That being said, due to a rigged/manipulated market, gold and silver are both relatively cheap right now compared to what goods could historically be purchased with the amount of money needed to buy them on a per-ounce basis, ESPECIALLY silver. Stocking up on some if you have the money is not a bad idea. The price could moonshot, especially if the overleveraged papers market is exposed for the fraud that it is. THEN consider how much silver is needed for solar panels and other components that are necessary for renewable energy systems. I think a massive shortage of silver is going to develop in the coming years, and there are very limited substitutes for it regarding industrial applications as well. Keeping silver artificially cheap does have the benefit of allowing all sorts of surveillance tech to be cheaply mass produced, so that might be part of the reason for the manipulation of its price.
If we're in a Recession/depression and gold and silvers prices are dropping, that means people are offloading it. It is possible that they were instead using crypto as a hedge against inflation instead, but that theory doesn't hold much from what crypto has done over the past few months (makes more sense that it's dropping from Russia offloading it to China to keep their nation solvent); that points to people no longer using it as a hedge against inflation. If that is the case, then buying precious metals that aren't needed for batteries (Nickel especially) is a bad move and banks/people are not as worried anymore. Buying gold and silver has literally only been good (I think) if you bought before 9/11 and sold in the 2008 depression.

ZeroEm said:
All the talk about moving to electric has the Oil Companies talking. What are they thinking? What are they doing now?

One more fact that really makes my jaw drop. Mature Economies do not grow at a fast rate. Any talk that compares us to industrial times and getting our growth back up is pure fantasy. 5 years ago they tried to get us back to 4% and what do we have now. If you over heat the economy you get inflation.
Gas companies are trying to get into their own manufacturing of needed components for the future; it depends on company, but DuPont is hedging into materials science and Shell is trying to do into renewable (at a pathetic, single-digit percent invested of their yearly earnings). Lots of talk about turning old derricks into floating turbines, but frankly I haven't done much investigation nor do I think they're planning very far.

That other problem of growth is further compounded by America's laws about investors- thanks to Dodge vs Ford, corpos have to abide by their investors and good goddamn luck telling a board room full of millionaires that their money making goals just aren't feasible. Wish I could interview a CEO completely candidly, it honestly sounds like a hell where you're a prostitute but for pimping other people's money instead of your own.

Economics' is really complicated

by CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING » Aug 23 2022 11:40am

I see you get it, to much to put in a coin purse. Figure most would have pulled back from crypto after the big drop. Best if I don't travel that road.

Would really like to hear what the big companies are thinking about gas, any gas and any or all companies. I see a lot of promises about EV's, not sure that any or most are being built at the moment. When they promise year 2040 then discounted. So some gas will always be with us but wonder when the big shift will happen.

ZeroEm said:
I see you get it, to much to put in a coin purse. Figure most would have pulled back from crypto after the big drop. Best if I don't travel that road.
With interest rates back to pre-pandemic levels and new laws, the crypto boom is over. Sure my boys and I wish we had kept with it- we all had mined bitcoin back in high school for lols 2009-2012- but it all turned into gambling eventually and everyone "in the know" knew it was only supported for and used to launder drug purchases from Dread Roberts. Now Coinbase is insolvent and using peoples own stored money to pay their debts.

Would really like to hear what the big companies are thinking about gas, any gas and any or all companies. I see a lot of promises about EV's, not sure that any or most are being built at the moment. When they promise year 2040 then discounted. So some gas will always be with us but wonder when the big shift will happen.
Some gas will always be around; there's too many gas engines to ever have them just disappear, too many car guys like myself will be tinkering, and the cheapest wells will always be pumping because something will need converting from petroleum into plastics or whatever.
I'd honestly start at Wikipedia for factory lists and which ones make batteries and such, they're pretty good about what plant makes what. Here's all of GM's plants. I know several companies have already bought land in the US for new battery plants, I wish they'd just convert existing ones but god knows what new plants need for lithiums.

Of course people are still investing a smart finacial analyst can move funds in a way to minamise risk and give a good roll of the dice at making decent return.

Im no fool when it comes to money ive dealt with it my whole life but what me and many are a fool to is the economic roundabouts operated behind closed doors or how money is nothing without the countrys ability to produce goods and services to back any debt and cash created.

Lets say the green deals we hear about are still a fraction of oil and gas exploration investments so its clear to see markets are being bubbled and popped simular way as george soros broke the bank in the 90's but this time round its the central banks bribing the elected representatives of uk, america Australia and alike, are all nourishing themselfs with millions in cash knowing advance trade movements abusing position of power so the larger firms can turn many billions in profit and pay more in the campaigns saying how green they are than actually just been green to begin with.

Just look at david cameron and greensill theres no shame in profiting from collapses so like i said one mans poverty is another mans riches and theres no doubt our systems been manipulated with little to no care for the people its all about maintaining governing power while having a level of control of the main cities in your possession the rural areas can defend for themselfs financially.

People will always want more money therefore investment will happen but watch how people change where they see safe.

It will be interesting to see what gas prices are May of 2023. There could soon come a time where it is simply not readily available for passenger vehicles. The same could be said for electricity, depending upon what happens, although I have a great degree more confidence in the latter being available than the former, especially since it is more possible than ever for one to generate their own, even if it's in very low quantity.

It is unfortunate I can't get my Ford 7.3L V8 or GM 8.0L V8 in an ultralite composite streamliner sedan or sports car. Such an engine in a sub 2,500 lb vehicle with a CdA less than 0.3 m^2, with rear drive and a manual transmission, would be so wonderful. You'd have a fast little bastard that could get 45+ mpg highway, and the engine's mechanical bits would last a very long time due to being so under-stressed most of the time. And think of all the hoonage one could do!

I like the overall concept and purpose of the Dodge Charger Hellcat. But I would never buy one, because it is way too heavy, its shape is a real drag, and as a result, it gets very crap fuel economy. But the engine that's in it, inefficient as it is, is a thing of beauty. It needs to be in a much lighter car that is an utterly slippery LITTLE bastard. Enthusiasts are being robbed by such a thing not existing.

Car companies need to average the fuel mileage or emissions across their line up each year. The companies are moving to EV's for cars and smaller trucks. This gives them lots of room for the bigger trucks to have much bigger gas engines with emissions.

ZeroEm said:
Car companies need to average the fuel mileage or emissions across their line up each year. The companies are moving to EV's for cars and smaller trucks. This gives them lots of room for the bigger trucks to have much bigger gas engines with emissions.

The CAFE standards have been deliberately re-written to allow the ratings to be dependent upon vehicle footprint size, which allows larger vehicles to get away with lower fuel economy ratings and not impact the manufacturer's CAFE rating as badly as it would if it wasn't a weighted average. Couple this with large tax breaks/subsidies for bigger/heavier vehicles deductible as "business expenses", and the sales of wasteful, oversized, higher-margined vehicles can continue unabated.

Trucks/SUVs have been deliberately favored by government via legislation, at the behest of the industries that have become entrenched into government.

CAFE can only do so much before it becomes impotent due to other realities- eventually, you're diminishing returns in say, more aerodynamic semis will be beaten out by "Just send it by train" and the like. Which we should be doing but we have an entire political party that refuses to spend anything on infrastructure.

You wanna change SUV purchasing, you have to change Americans. The modern SUV is just a modern take on the classic huge sedan of the 70s- it does everything, a rolling multitool of a car, because you have too much debt to afford multiple tools.

ZeroEm said:
Dec. 15 Texas, USA average gasoline price $2.65.

Now you can get a Ford 7.3L V8, or the GM's new 8.0L V8.
I mean, you always could :wink:
The tactical petroleum reserve is buying up fuel now that prices glutted and they're making America money in doing so. No way of knowing what the next round of fuel issues will do and sadly we haven't reduced total consumption; maybe once the Green deal's battery plants come online we could see some serious needle-movements there.

by CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING
The tactical petroleum reserve is buying up fuel now that prices glutted and they're making America money in doing so. No way of knowing what the next round of fuel issues will do and sadly we haven't reduced total consumption; maybe once the Green deal's battery plants come online we could see some serious needle-movements there.

You mean the USA Government got it right. They sold high and are buying low. This could be a side line business, the department of profit taking.

CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING said:
You wanna change SUV purchasing, you have to change Americans. The modern SUV is just a modern take on the classic huge sedan of the 70s- it does everything, a rolling multitool of a car, because you have too much debt to afford multiple tools.
I don't think the argument "if people had more money they'd buy smaller cars/trucks" has much to back it up.

If your from the USA then Bigger is more status. Always wanted power, if brainwashing was not over come then I would want a 6.2L Dodge Hemi crate motor 1000hp. It's been this way as long as I can remember. Did not think of better gas mileage always thought of bigger gas tanks.

ZeroEm said:
If your from the USA then Bigger is more status.
Yep. My wife had a friend in medical school who just plain wanted a Ford Expedition. To her, that meant she had "arrived" and was finally able to have a car that commanded respect.

JackFlorey said:
I don't think the argument "if people had more money they'd buy smaller cars/trucks" has much to back it up.
No, it's that they want one thing to do everything, because their viewpoint only allows for one thing.

Take for instance how many of us bike to work- who do you know gets it, and who just says first and foremost, that you "cant do that"? :D

My view is basically, it's that and what Jack says- it's status mixed with an inability to see other methods.

When I bought my Leaf and told my mother we would share it. She was dead set on getting a another truck. It took a while to convince her that she could do with out one. Now she wonders why everyone else does not get it. :lol:

CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING said:
You wanna change SUV purchasing, you have to change Americans.

The subset of the population that can afford to buy these new are in the upper quintile of income. So change SOME Americans, the ones with money to waste.

Granted, if the government wasn't encouraging the purchase of these vehicles through regulatory chicanery and tax write-offs, I think we'd see less of them.

"If you want more of something, subsidize it." ~Ronald Reagan

ZeroEm said:

It takes roughly 17 years for the U.S. vehicle fleet to turn over. We won't have anything near that much time to adapt should a crisis manifest. It's really going to suck for those who are dependent upon wasteful vehicles to get around, while living paycheck to paycheck. That subset of the population is going to have to find some way to adapt, or face ruin. Not everyone has the money to just go out and buy a used EV to replace their existing gasser, even if it might financially benefit them in the medium to long term.

In my hood, I've seen a lot of obese gangster-looking fellows riding 49cc mopeds that are way too small for their size. It is rather hilarious to see. But the simple truth is that they probably can't afford to fuel a car anymore, even after fuel prices have dropped.

The way to reduce total consumption is not incrementally, but to do something drastic. This has almost always been the case in history. A prolonged fuel crisis will definitely force something drastic, and I'm certain that sort of crisis will be experienced in our lifetime, possibly as early as next year.

The Toecutter said:
The way to reduce total consumption is not incrementally, but to do something drastic. This has almost always been the case in history. A prolonged fuel crisis will definitely force something drastic, and I'm certain that sort of crisis will be experienced in our lifetime, possibly as early as next year.
Whether fortunately or unfortunately that's not likely.

The EV industry had some big hurdles to get over. The big one was getting over the barriers to entry into the market - good enough batteries, availability of batteries, experience with inverters, experience with thermal management. Those have been overcome. Now we are seeing problems with raw materials supply, logistics issues in getting enough parts (mainly batteries and semiconductors) and recycling of used parts. In other words, all the problems mature industries face.

We are also seeing the rise of all the ancillary services that EV's require - chargers, service centers, rebuild places. At one point EV opponents claimed that it was insane to buy a car that might need a $20K battery. Nowadays, even if you have the unlikely case of a failed battery, there are service centers that will rebuild them.

We are now in a situation where greater gas demand will drive new EV sales directly, and those EV sales will in turn reduce fuel demand and thus fuel prices. We're no longer solely dependent on petroleum to fuel vehicles.

You mention 17 years as the average vehicle turnover. And that's the way it is now. But if gas becomes so expensive that people can't afford gas cars, that will be considerably faster.

We are far from being able to say that oil supply doesn't matter. But we are now in a position where high gas prices will drive the market towards EVs at a rate directly proportional to the difference between the cost of gas and electric power.

We also have enough market flexibility now to deal with materials shortages. Short on cobalt? Go LFP. (Tesla is already doing this.) Short on lithium? Go with sodium ion. Just can't make enough batteries? Prioritize PHEV's over BEV's and cut battery demand by 90%.

And maybe that's what you are saying, that high gas prices will cause those sorts of drastic change. But EV's will both give people an alternative and serve to drive those prices back down, so I don't think any oil shortage will be startingly abrupt.

…..You mention 17 years as the average vehicle turnover. And that's the way it is now. But if gas becomes so expensive that people can't afford gas cars, that will be considerably faster.
You are fotgetting manufacturing supply capacity ..
There are reported to be 290 million “light vehicles” registered in the US (2021) inc cars, station wagons, SUVs, Pick ups etc.
Including all “Light vehicle” sales (trucks, vans, etc),.. annual combined sales are still less han 14 m.
So , unless sales ( and supporting manufacturing ) dramatically increase,… it will take a long time to replace much of that existing fleet !
It is worth remembering that an “AVERAGE” vehicle turnover of 17 years , means there will be some cars on the road for 30+ years !

Had my first vehicles in 1976. Owned a VW bug first then a 1973 Nova. Was hard on engines back then but most motors did not last past 80k miles. Not like today 200-300k miles.
Vehicle Age Trends
The current average U.S. vehicle age contrasts starkly to just 5.1 years in 1969 or 5.5 years in 1977, according to data compiled by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. In recent history, average age has increased at a faster rate, gaining approximately one year every half a decade since 2001.

Average Vehicle Age
2021: 12.1 years
2016: 11.6 years
2011: 10.9 years
2006: 9.9 years
2001: 8.9 years
Companies only want to sell parts for 10yrs then it's AutoZone.

JackFlorey said:

The target demographic for the low-end of the car market is completely priced out of this market segment. Someone with less than $500 in the bank living paycheck to paycheck will not in their wildest dreams be able to afford a $15k Mitsubishi Mirage or Chevrolet Spark. In fact, this demographic is becoming increasingly priced out of automobile ownership altogether.

Low-end cars used to be the majority of U.S. car sales, back when those of modest means could actually afford to buy a new car. These days, the upper 20% income earners are almost exclusively driving the new car market including the paltry sales of lower-end vehicles, and this is the segment with money to waste on status symbols.

If the Chinese manufacturers can figure out a way to keep their cars cheap while getting through U.S. regulations(which keep getting more stringent in part to keep these vehicles off the market here), the U.S., Japanese, Korean, and European manufacturers are going to be in trouble. A $5k car, brand new, with a warrantee and parts readily available, is going to mean a lot to the portion of the U.S. population that can't afford any of the current new cars available in the U.S. or the typical used car now costing $28k.

ZeroEm said:
If your from the USA then Bigger is more status. Always wanted power, if brainwashing was not over come then I would want a 6.2L Dodge Hemi crate motor 1000hp. It's been this way as long as I can remember. Did not think of better gas mileage always thought of bigger gas tanks.

I want a 6.2L Dodge Hemi crate motor 1000hp. I just want it in a vehicle with 1/4 the aero drag and half the weight of a Dodge Demon. Were this to be done, Prius-like MPG on the highway would be possible, except you'd have a monstrous V8 pushing a light, low-drag thing around, instead of a heavy brick. The performance benefits of having such an engine in a light and slippery vehicle would be obvious, which is the entire point of having such an engine in the first place. Instead, we get overweight retrograde muscle cars and SUVs/trucks, wasting the potential that this engine offers.

JackFlorey said:
The EV industry had some big hurdles to get over. The big one was getting over the barriers to entry into the market - good enough batteries, availability of batteries, experience with inverters, experience with thermal management.

The batteries, control systems, motors, thermal management, were all "good enough" by the 1990s. The barriers of entry into the market were mostly political by that time. If it weren't for Tesla, we probably wouldn't have anyone building mass market EVs to this day, but Tesla got the genie out of the bottle 15 years later than the Big 3 could have, and everyone is now scrambling to keep up.

Those have been overcome. Now we are seeing problems with raw materials supply, logistics issues in getting enough parts (mainly batteries and semiconductors) and recycling of used parts. In other words, all the problems mature industries face.

This becomes a lot less of an issue if we use more efficient vehicles that require smaller battery packs and less materials for the same performance and range. The problem is that the auto industry no longer wants to build cheap cars. The wealth gap has become so obscene in the U.S. that most working people will never be able to afford even the cheapest new cars available, and the auto industry has mostly forsaken the entry level market as a result of poor sales, especially with the supply line issues and component shortages we are experiencing. In turn, many auto manufacturers make more money financing cars than selling cars, which is another major incentive for moving everything up-market. The upper-middle class with more money than brains will gladly go into debt to show off their "status".

I think we will soon be seeing a glut of used cars on the market as more and more people can't make the payments and get their vehicles repossessed. The average new car costs north of $40k and the average used car now costs $28k. Wages have not gone up in a manner commensurate with these price increases. MOST of the demographic of people that need a car and don't currently have one are desperately seeking something that is reliable and inexpensive enough that they can pay cash, but unable to find it, are driven into debt for a much pricier option just to get to work and back. What used to be a $500 beater has become the $5,000 beater, but Federal minimum wage is still stuck at $7.25/hour, the same as it was when a beater could be easily found for $500.

We are now in a situation where greater gas demand will drive new EV sales directly, and those EV sales will in turn reduce fuel demand and thus fuel prices. We're no longer solely dependent on petroleum to fuel vehicles.

You mention 17 years as the average vehicle turnover. And that's the way it is now. But if gas becomes so expensive that people can't afford gas cars, that will be considerably faster.

How does someone with less than $500 in the bank and ruined credit get an EV that they can be certain will get them back and forth to work without requiring a repair that costs more than the vehicle is worth before they can even finish paying it off? For that matter, how does one keep a cheap used EV charged while living in a cheap apartment or even government housing? In my hood, cheap 49cc mopeds are a greatly more common solution to reduce vehicle expenses than used Nissan Leafs and Chevy Sparks, even if all of those vehicles are around. There's a reason for that. Given a choice unrestricted by available funds and circumstances, I'm sure most of the moped riders would gladly take the Leaf or Spark, especially in the winter. A $5,000 used Leaf is not a wise purchase for them, even if in the medium to long term the budget math will work out in their favor in most cases, simply because unexpected events that are financially significant always can happen, and that is if they are able to get a loan for such a thing at all in order to take that gamble, assuming one could afford a place to live that allows them to even charge such a vehicle, and only under the condition that no unanticipated life-altering event impacts their finances in a way that they can no longer make payments for the duration thereof.

If gas becomes so expensive that people can't afford to use gas cars, as is happening to the poor in America already, they don't switch to used EVs. They go without cars altogether. The rungs of the socioeconomic ladder that are priced out of automobile ownership outright will continue to move upward, in correlation with rising gasoline prices as well as rising used car prices. It is the middle class and wealthier that will be switching to EVs, which many of them are already doing now that the choice is available.

I think soon an opportunity for a low-cost 3-wheeled electric micro-vehicle priced similarly to a moped, that offers weather protection and rudimentary crash protection, that is capable of sustaining highway speeds, will present itself. It would be greatly preferable to taking the bus, or walking, be much more comfortable than a motorcycle, and making it accelerate and/or corner like a car that costs 100x as much would be very inexpensive to do, adding a lot of value to the proposition. Who cares if it doesn't have heated/cooled seats, bluetooth connectivity, leather upholstery, infotainment centers, and all this other crap. It gets you from work to back and around town for pennies, if something breaks it can be repaired by Bubba mechanic down the street with some hand tools in a few hours over a six pack of beer, and you won't need to go into debt for nearly a decade to "afford" it.

Back