GCinDC's Giant DH Comp

Todd, even I wouldn't kiteboard in these conditions, he must be new to the sport. Haven't been dragged on the beach and once through open water. You learn to really respect the kite and wind. I hope he took lessons, it's one of the few sports I recommend taking lessons on. Thanks for rewinding my Turnigy, motor has been a solid performer. I've been crazy busy with work and have not had much time for any ebike builds. Sounds like Greg has you working on a build, I look forward to the results.

Greg, bummer about your surgery. I put off my ACL for years, but glad I had it done. Now I can do more than I could if I kept putting it off. The wind here is pretty strong as well, can't imagine near the hurricane. All my lawn chairs have just now slid off the deck.

Tie down the elephants mate! The storm hasn't even hit and already you're losing trees like that ? Sounds like you're in for a wild ride!

Thud said:
hehe, I don't have a generator either...but i have an inverter & a SH@#T load of batteries laying around & ususaly topped off...
I don't have any progress to report just yet on our project G. & +1 on the lazy Boys.
+1 on both points - charge up all your lipo now to use with an inverter (if you have one) or atleast power your AC adaptors for your phone and laptop (priorities :p ) And yeah I lived in a lazy boy chair for around 4 months while having chemo. I was too tired and weak to go up and down the stairs to my bedroom so camped out in front of the TV and next to the kitchen.

naw, i don't think the winds got much over 50mph, but all the trees near us are now down, and power stayed up. slept fine.

if only i could electrify the lazy boy and commute in on it!!

nyc is another story.

and from nj:
[youtube]ujxQFgCms1A[/youtube]

Glad to hear you got off pretty light this time.
That vid is pretty cool. Well, it sucks for the people living there!
What's with teh house at 15 seconds in ?? It looks like it rolled up it's pants and stood up on tippy toes when the water came in! :lol:

tree cut up and removed, except for stump. a lot of work for barbie! (presumably left by a trick or treater, or likely found in car and resurrected)
20121101_173834.jpg

You must have really good insurance there guys you have left the cars park like any other day !!

Glad though that no one was injured

:twisted:
I been lookig for a name for Greg's new DH comp build....I like "Sandy" but maybe "Huricane" would be more apropriate :lol:

Here is a teaser befor I start the build thread:
IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

Anyone like the sound of "Huricane Drive"? (not to be confused with Cyclone.......RImshot! :mrgreen: )

I am charging a new camera to replace my dead (aincheint) Olympus....nothing fancy but better than the $20 walmart Vivitar I took the above pics with.
Oh & it wouldn't be a GCinDC worthy post without video:
[youtube]0lHB_NWZlRA[/youtube]

Hey G,
I been thinking about your change from white to something else.....how do you feel about a film dipped 3-d camo finish?
maybe skullz ?
http://www.watertransferprinting.com/Films.html?gclid=CLb0qp3zrrMCFYw-MgodVFsAyA

Just throwing it out there as an option :twisted:

841l_SML_MED.png

its definatly do-able & durable also....I have diped little parts....bike frame would be a fun challange.

:mrgreen:
https://www.mydipkit.com/index.php
lotsa options for some unique detail....

We'll get more into it on the new thread comming to a forum near you soon!

Its the last on my list of things to do....but a color sceame will open my pallet for the anodised portions of the reduction box & primary sprockets. :mrgreen:

how bout blue, grey, black? when it boils down to it, those are the colors i'm most at home in. :wink:

i'll search for exact colors, this popped up in a quick search of "blue grey bike"
0511-1102-1413-3544_Realistic_Blue_Racing_Street_Bike_clipart_image.jpg

better start the thread. the name will come. 8)

Wow that stuff looks great! My pants just got a little tighter at the thought of doing my stealth fighter in that stuff 8)
Looks like it'd cost a fortune to do a whole bike though - probably cheaper to pay someone to air brush it.

full-throttle said:
GCinDC said:
speaking of which, wtf is this??? :pancake:
Not sure.. Prob just
pancake_bunny.jpg

the obiquitus "pancake head" bunny. he wants MOAR!
(its prolly a california thing :lol: )
Edit:
pancake head bunny is some viral fad currently......get some!
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=pancake+head+bunny&oq=pancake+head+bunny&gs_l=hp.3..0i30j0i8i10i30j0i8i30l8.1531.8047.1.8578.18.6.0.0.0.0.2610.4531.0j1j2j7-1j0j1.5.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.MA-8nWUiWyw&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=6b49d7655ba61fbf&bpcl=37189454&biw=1024&bih=443

started PT last week and i'm starting to get my arm back! won't be long before i can get up on this mofo!

and in other news, the lawsuit is now over! :D

everyone hates lawyers, but lawsuits are scary shit and getting sued is an eye opener, believe me.

GCinDC said:

everyone hates lawyers, but lawsuits are scary shit and getting sued is an eye opener, believe me.

^ i am assuming this is not ebike related?

GCinDC said:
started PT last week and i'm starting to get my arm back! won't be long before i can get up on this mofo!
Good luck on the PT. The range of motion excercises can hurt like hell at first but they do get better.

GCinDC said:

Any words of advice so the rest of us can avoid the same ordeal?

Sacman said:
Any words of advice so the rest of us can avoid the same ordeal?
be careful what you tether a gopro to!

for example, if you go tubing on a lake behind a motorboat, don't tether the gopro to the handle of the tube...

Back