Giant Trance 4 Modified BBSHD 74V 50A 50MPH

evolutiongts said:
tomtom123 said:
damn you ride pretty dangerously :D
i love when you passed the motocyclist haha.

BTw what brake Levers are you using?

Thanks, I take calculated risks but I am defensive rider so I'm always looking for exits and check my rear mirror every few seconds. I have Shimano Zee Hydraulic Quad Piston in the front and Shimano Saint Dual piston hydraulic in the rear.

You have e-brake set up? or don't use e-brake function?

Not at the moment, since I upgraded to full hydraulic brake setup i lost the e-brake levers. But, I just got some e-brake sensors, eventually I'll adapt that to my brakes and get regen.

New video, 40mph+ street riding with relaxing music

[youtube]tps7G9S_R2s[/youtube]

Love the video, love the music. Have you ever had interactions with the law?

What sort of temperatures are you hitting on your HS3540? I just went down the oil cooled route on mine, curious to see how ventilated compares.

Ohbse said:
Love the video, love the music. Have you ever had interactions with the law?

What sort of temperatures are you hitting on your HS3540? I just went down the oil cooled route on mine, curious to see how ventilated compares.

The law tends to not care what I do. Temperatures are about 102F-130F doing about 35-40mph, this is with 90F ambient temperature.

tomtom123 said:
evolutiongts said:

[youtube]tps7G9S_R2s[/youtube]
i don't know why, but i'm always scared when i look at the way you ride lol...

The way I ride is very relaxing to me, having ridden fast sports motorcycles for 3 years, I find a electric bicycle to be very satisfying and laid back.

Excellent build, super clean and enjoying the vids. Still running it at 20s/ and using a battery bag??.
Ps: what sort of range do you get. I keep reading these 3540s eat the amps at high speed
Cheers Jordan

millzy555 said:
Excellent build, super clean and enjoying the vids. Still running it at 20s/ and using a battery bag??.
Ps: what sort of range do you get. I keep reading these 3540s eat the amps at high speed
Cheers Jordan

Thanks, yep I'm still running 20s until I can get my hands on a controller that can handle 100+ volts., the battery bag is temporary.

I get very good range, about 20 miles traveling a average of 30-35mph.

The 3540 does use up more amps at high speed but its much more powerful.

evolutiongts said:
millzy555 said:
Cheers Jordan

Thanks, yep I'm still running 20s until I can get my hands on a controller that can handle 100+ volts., the battery bag is temporary.

I get very good range, about 20 miles traveling a average of 30-35mph.

The 3540 does use up more amps at high speed but its much more powerful.

Sweet!, tossing up between the 3540 or 4065 (but 70km/h is more than enough with the 3540..and cheaper :mrgreen: )

evolutiongts said:

Nice one man! Love how you ride :D

Thanks

More 45mph+ goodness

[youtube]1_UWV0za1ws[/youtube]

0189a217-af9b-4a80-82d9-c3e0e78f5782_zps2e6a6eeb.jpg

New battery bag, $10 from home depot, its solid. My 24s lipo batteries arrived, and my 24fet Greentime controller should be here again, 8000watts here I come!

Watched that last video. I thought you were going to hit the stairs like 3 different times at FIDM. But every time you turned away, I was like: "ahhhhh... do those stairs!!".

I'm going to tear that little park a new one once I get my new axle pressed into the HT.

ebikedeals.com

Snapped the axle, no more Giant Trance
[youtube]h9qz4rGxcmQ[/youtube]

Final ride on the Giant Trance

[youtube]N-y0jAg0MBw[/youtube]

Sorry to see it come to an end, it's unreal how many Crystalyte hubs have axle issues. Not hard to see why though looking at one up close, I feel like I could leave an indent with my thumbnail the metal is so soft.

Any closeup photos of the failure point?

Are you going to get one of Tench's HD axles or get a bigger swinger for a larger motor? :twisted:

Ohbse said:
Sorry to see it come to an end, it's unreal how many Crystalyte hubs have axle issues. Not hard to see why though looking at one up close, I feel like I could leave an indent with my thumbnail the metal is so soft.

Any closeup photos of the failure point?

10606152_10202641662618830_5355241881787880805_n.jpg

bikemore said:
Are you going to get one of Tench's HD axles or get a bigger swinger for a larger motor? :twisted:

I might repair the Crystalyte, but I already have a bike with a Cromotor.

Ah, yes. How do you like the farfle/genesis/cromotor combo compared to the Giant frame? I have a farfle/genesis project going myself. :mrgreen:

Its great, although I feel the Giant has better Geometry.

Dang dude. YOU are an inspiration and thanks for the great videos! Do you have YouTube page? I'm working on making something similar. I love me a 26'r. I ordered mine from HPC and their new motors have the upgraded Axles. Fingers crossed... I'm a lifelong motorcyclist (had to give it up for safety reasons - i.e. got married and had two kids) so this really scratches that itch for me. I hope to be risking my life like you do on a regular basis. My bike should be ready end of next week.

Specs: KHS full suspension e-bike frame. 5000 watt Crystalyte Motor, Magura MT-5 4 piston brakes, Sclumph drive for high speed pedaling on the front, SRAM X0 shifter/derailleur for the rear. Alex Supra BH rims front and rear.

Giant Trance is back and is now a trail shredding weapon.

Bomber Front Fork
Bafang BBS02 750-1200W
48V 8AH Dolphin Type Battery
Shimano XT Hydraulic Disc Brake
203mm Rotors all around.

12496282_10205460801775547_819392902612943059_o.jpg

Back