Golden motor magic controller or other?

Hello, I'm looking to set up an electric assist cargo bike using a Nine Continent 6x10 hub motor. The golden motor "magic" controller looks neat, but do all the bells and whistles compromise efficiency and reliability? Can anyone say if this is a good controller or recommend another? Also I'd rather not spend too much over $100.

Thanks.

The Infineon controller is a great controller for the 9C motor. I don't know if the GM controller is fully compatible with the 9C motor!

Lyen sells many variants of the Infineon and other reputable dealers. Others here may have one or two laying around since many here have upgraded to higher voltages.

Ambrose

The Golden Motor controller is great for the 9c - I currently have two electric bikes running with these and 48v (60v) lifepo4. I find that they mount quite easily to the handle bar stem keeping the phase wires short for a front wheel drive. The regen braking and cruise control work quite well. I have run one bike for over a year and a half with no problems. The newest hub is an e-bikekit and the older model was a higher speed less torque (windings) model. I have never had any heating issues with the controllers. I have tried infineon and it works well if you are running a rear wheel and can get it for a good price. The Golden Motors controller does push enough amps (30 plus) to get you across the intersection fast.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but i was looking at these controllers as well for my cyclone motor.
I assume they will work with that type of motor without any issues.

The Golden motor controller is a bit whimpy. But the price is fair. I went from the GM to an Infineon 12FET instant start. Made the motor a whole diferent beast. Used the same controller on 9c. The only dif I found moving between GM and 9C equipment was swaping blue and yellow on both the halls and phase. Having exp with the GM controller, I would recom. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18744 6x4110 Mini Monster Programmable Controller LYEN Edition $79 nicely priced, but with major benifits on every angle! SS

Thanks for all the replies. I've decided on Lyen's 9 FET controller. Sounds good with the 9 continent motor. :D

Back