• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Goldenmotor HPM5000B or QS motor 138 70H?

Hello.
I want to purchase a motor for a project (go kart) and these two are the candidates:
-HPM5000B motor with Kelly KLS7245N controller
-QS motor 138 70H with Kelly KLS7230N controller
Any advice or suggestions are open.
Thanks!

Think you should get 138 70h and votol controller kit: it works great and is powerful.
Kellys are rated for absolute max phase amps, this controller is too weak and i haven't seen anyone try that controller with the QS motor.

golden motor:i think there was a thread for this motor waaay back and that it turned out to be not so good. Search for it here on ES, if i remember correctly Liveforphysics was in that thread, could use that in search condition.

Do you mean the Votol EM-150s? I plan on taking the vehicle on a private dirt track and hills, and maybe do some skids :mrgreen:
Thanks.

I contacted QS motor company and they said that the Votol em 150s would work on 48v but at less speed. I was planning to use the battery that already own which is 48v :( .

For some use cases top speed is irrelevant, or at least less important than other priorities.

Back