• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

GOT MY VOLT 2014 TODAY !!

Sick Doc! Why wouldn't you use the traction battery for SPL?

Soon we'll all be sharing our Wh/dB figures :)

grindz145 said:
Sick Doc! Why wouldn't you use the traction battery for SPL?

Soon we'll all be sharing our Wh/dB figures :)

Excellent Idea!!!! 8) :mrgreen: .. but as you know the dB are log scale... so we will have to convert these :lol:

My personnal score was 154.7dB in Street A class of Dbdragracing with only 4s4p of A123 M1 cells !!! 8)

This little battery was connected to a 5K watt amp and 2x 12 inches in a CRX.. I still have the video somewhere.. I had it on my YT account before i accidently erased it...

Doc

I am still waiting for the day where electric car can be my only car. Right now, if I get an ALL electric car, it will be a secondary car, save for the Tesla Model S P85. The Volt is a good compromise. However, I still don't like it because of the maintenance on the gasoline engine required. I guess it's commuting by ebike for another couple of years before affordable all electric long range/fast charge electric cars hit the road.

Maintenance on the gasoline engine is very low.. the motor Oil replacement need to be done at every 50 000km or every 2 years... amd that motor work in a narrower RPM range wich is less stress for the engine.

Yesterday i did 86.7km on a single charge!

BmumwjZIQAALebD.jpg:large

The best I have gotten is 52.5 Miles (84.5 Km) on 10.3 kWh. The 2013 Battery has a 10.5 kwh useable. Seems the 2014's are putting out a little more capacity. :D I would like to find that guy on the GMvolt forum and send him a Volt computer module to modify to use more of the capacity.

Attachments

• Photo0237[1].jpg
    Photo0237[1].jpg
    31 KB · Views: 775
Back