• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Great bag for Ping V2.5 24v 15ah battery

ihategeeks

100 W
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Small-Tackle-Bag-Waistpack/16351070

Plano 3380, enough room for the BMS to breath on top and for some padding to fit between the bag and battery.
Plenty of options for wiring and mounting.
Fits into a smaller triangle and isn't wide enough to impede peddling.

This was my 4th attempt at finding a decent triangle solution for this battery, this one is perfect.

Nice find, thanks for that! This one is still my favorite Ping/other battery bag, since it is so versatile and surprisingly roomy.
[youtube]mCW2dLrYaXg[/youtube]
http://www.amazon.com/Ibera-Bicycle-Triangle-Frame-Large/dp/B006JA8WEG

mlt34 said:
Nice find, thanks for that! This one is still my favorite Ping/other battery bag, since it is so versatile and surprisingly roomy.
[youtube]mCW2dLrYaXg[/youtube]
http://www.amazon.com/Ibera-Bicycle-Triangle-Frame-Large/dp/B006JA8WEG
thhanks for that post, i've saw this bag several months ago and was thinking of getting it over the emv3 bag since it's much cheaper but i dind't know how if it could fit a 48v 10ah battery and now i see it could.

Question though, can you fit that battery + the controller in there?

Definitely depends on the controller. I think you could fit a 6fet controller in there (they are usually about 4"x2"x1") but a 9fet or larger at the same time as the battery would probably be a no go.

ihategeeks said:
I have the medium ibera bag on my desk, accidentally got the medium instead of the large. I didn't like the bag quality so I didn't go for the large.

I have 2 mediums that I wound up with for the exact same reason. Amazon almost makes it too easy to buy things quickly...

I plan on using them for controllers, eventually. The large size I have on my bike has been in use almost for a year and is holding up great. I used a soldering iron to make a hole for the cables to exit, that way it melted the edges and didn't create a weak spot to start ripping. I've used a number of these ibera bags over the last year or so and I've seen that at different times of the year I've gotten different styles of bags, so it could be that you got a style that wasn't as nice.

So many great choices for a bag for the battery that small.

One of my favorites for 500wh or less is a rugged lunch bag made from very strong cordura. A garage sale buy, not even a brand name on it. I have it on the bars of my dirt bike, for extra battery on longer rides.

Lots of options in durable leather purses too. All for dirt cheap at garage sales and thrift stores. Camera bags, DVD player bags, etc. Endless options in the smaller size stuff.

dogman said:
So many great choices for a bag for the battery that small.

One of my favorites for 500wh or less is a rugged lunch bag made from very strong cordura. A garage sale buy, not even a brand name on it. I have it on the bars of my dirt bike, for extra battery on longer rides.

Lots of options in durable leather purses too. All for dirt cheap at garage sales and thrift stores. Camera bags, DVD player bags, etc. Endless options in the smaller size stuff.

Wow, the leather purse idea is an awesome idea, never even thought of that one. It would be especially good for battery protection on skids, especially for people that do a lot of off-road riding. I'm always getting to carried away and laying down my bike on wet grass and loose dirt, and leather would be a great sacrificial pack protector when you scraping across the ground...

not to mention it could look puuuurty ;)

Back