Greyborg 50X - 3kAh later

HAL9000v2.0

10 kW
Three full months passed since I legalise my bike. Since I made allmost 3kkm. Here are some number, hope it will help someone.
I have one small watt meter before charger one after and CA onboard.
First Wattmeter reads 176kWh total 141 kwh in cheaper and 35 in expensipe rate. All together I have spent around 125kn on electicity (around 21$).
Second Watmmetar reads 163KWh and that gives us charger efficiency of 93% and average battery voltage 51,3V
Odometar is on 2936 km so 1km is around 0,007$ or 0,7$/100km

50x3.jpg

Average consumption is 55Wh/km. maximal was 61Wh/km and minimal was 42.

50x1.jpg

I have never discharged pack to LVC and max capacity was 55Ah on 49V so I guess around 59Ah the BMS will turn it off.
Max currents were around 360A and constant currents are around 150V.

50x2.jpg

Regen is between 6 and 11%. First 1000km it was between 3 and 8% then I changed the parametars: Before it was on button and on 100% and after I put 20% on throttle relese and other on brake light. I have added small device that rises voltage from 3 to 5V in 3 sec and put it on analog input triggerd by brake light. This combination works great and feels like ICE engine.

50x4.jpg

The Mars motor is good. It has a high pitch noise between 40 and 50km/h but I get used to it and like it now. Sometime i use it so scare people pasing by. :)
Since I have added two extra fans there is no issue with heat even when is outside 40°C. I can discharge complete battery and the motor gets and max of 103°C, and for that i need over a hour driving with average speed above 50km/h
Max speed is 78km/h with 16S batery.
On flat gound for 70km/h I need 4,9kW and for 50km/h 3,2kW
The thing that bother me the most is motor caracteristic and reduction ratio. I have 1:5 and onrealy steep hill (16%) it took ages to acelerate from dead stop because on low rpm there is simply no power. At cca 25-30km/h is around 4-5kw and then it starts to pull. Max acceleration is from 50 to 70km/h It takes just few seconds with top of some 11kw on CA.

All in all I am very satisfied with this build and I use it the most of all of my bikes. But... If I will do it again allmost everything will be the same but on double voltage and double gearing. 1:2 with belt and then 1:5 with chain.

Another important thing is that this is my first motorbike that I made 3000km and not repair anything (and also first that is not two stroke :) )

50x0.jpg

cool HAL! this is a great build!
lucky you for the good inspectors that let you legalize so easy such a motorbike!
Have you considered using 60V 60Ah from A123 pouches in order to approach 100Kmph ?
That would be great! But still at 80Kmph it is a very useful commuter 8)
You confirm me the ME0907 is good and strong up to 11kW? no overheat?
Since I have one too, I would be curious to know how much I can push it!
have fun!

forgot to ask, which controller you finally selected to drive the Mars motor?
are you happy with it :?:
again a really nice e-bike!

have fun!

riba2233 said:
I think it's kelly KBL72301.

ah,ok, nice, thanx! I was wondering if a Kelly or Infineon 24 fet modded.
Just to put in perspective the lamented slow acceleration at low speed that is probably
also relative to some phase amp limiting in the controller.

have fun!

Back