• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

hall sensors?

bigsi

10 W
Hi guys I'm stumped. Built a new setup 4115 controller. 5304 hub. Was working fine until I went to ride it. Seamed to turn half a turn then just stop working. I'vechanged controllers. Re wired the hub and still nothing. I'm getting a constant 5v from all the sensors. All the wires are defiantly on too. The motor keeps just locking for a few seconds first. I think maybe a phase wire has touched the hall wire blowing the sensors. Any ideas? Thanks si

Welcome to ES and sorry for your troubles!

Your halls should not be giving a constant 5v. They should be going between 0 and 5v as the magnets in the hub pass by them.

If you want to test you hall sensors to eliminate them as culprits follow these instructions.

http://www.ebikes.ca/troubleshooting/HallSensorTestingFinal.pdf

Thank you Grin Tech!!!

:D

Hi thanks very much, I've been ghosting on here for ages haha. This is my third high power kit. Was only running this on a test voltage though so haven't blown anything. I already tested the halls. Just seams strange that I could blow three at once. Thanks again. Si

Plunged into controller with it turned on. Checked voltages whilst turning wheel slowly. Aldo checked resistance of each wire to the hall. All OK.

Thanks

Back