Hall throttle not working, but 5k ohm does

veloman

10 MW
I have this Rmartin EVD scooter controller (6 phase BLDC system) that got with the motor, no scooter. I am almost certain they use a hall throttle, but I've tried at least 6 different brand hall throttles (even the Zapino scooter throttle which matches up - both scooters use the same type controller/motor), and I get zero response. but if I use my Magura 5k throttle, it works, but very poor modulation and when I let off the throttle, the motor will jolt badly (as if the phases are shorting for a split second) before coasting down smoothing.

When reading the voltage on the throttle wires, with a hall throttle, I get around 1.5v with the throttle closed. Then goes up from there when opening.
On the Magura, the signal line reads about 4.2v when closed.

I've tried getting info from the few Rmartin EVD riders on visforvoltage, but that forum is very inactive.

Update: I hooked up the Magura again, the same as before. But now it works smoothly and no jolting when I let off the throttle. The only issue is a dead spot in the beginning and towards the end it seems to abruptly go from 90 to 100% speed.
I swear I did nothing different and now it's working okay. :shock:

Now it's acting up again. Nothing has changed.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

Active throttle range is very narrow and motor jolts when I let off throttle.

Update: I am told this controller uses a hall throttle. So why would a hall throttle not work at all, and a 5k somewhat works?

Back