hand throttle instead of pedal assist

fechter said:
That looks like a great meter (nicer than some of mine).

The trick is to make contact with the lines running from the motor connector up to the display unit. The pins on the connector are very small and easy to short. If there is another connector further up the line, it might be easier to probe.

What I do for those connectors is to find a short length of skinny solid wire that fits into the socket and twist the other end around the tip of the (red) probe, maybe with some tape. The black probe needs to go to the fat black wire on the motor power connection, but the connector has to be connected. Same trick with the skinny wire works if you wrap the end around the prong on the connector, then plug it in. Everything is referenced to the fat black wire (battery negative).

Then with the skinny wire connector unplugged, power up and measure the voltage on each pin. We can go from there.

Thank you very much for the answer, tomorrow I'll check it out and tell you.
From what I understood, my bike has a torque sensor , NOT PAS .
Thank you again

fechter said:
That looks like a great meter (nicer than some of mine).

The trick is to make contact with the lines running from the motor connector up to the display unit. The pins on the connector are very small and easy to short. If there is another connector further up the line, it might be easier to probe.

What I do for those connectors is to find a short length of skinny solid wire that fits into the socket and twist the other end around the tip of the (red) probe, maybe with some tape. The black probe needs to go to the fat black wire on the motor power connection, but the connector has to be connected. Same trick with the skinny wire works if you wrap the end around the prong on the connector, then plug it in. Everything is referenced to the fat black wire (battery negative).

Then with the skinny wire connector unplugged, power up and measure the voltage on each pin. We can go from there.

Oh God, I think I burned something in the engine.
The bicycle is not moving. The engine does not work = [.
On the display I have an error code 10, and there is a sign of "!" On the display.
I have turned the whole web and I do not find what the error says.
Do you have any idea what it is?

From the manual:

A2B Hybrid Error Codes.JPG

Somewhere between the motor or sensor and display. It is probably not having a good connection on one of the pins in the connector. Inspect the pins and make sure none are damaged. Look at the sockets and make sure the metal part inside isn't spread apart too far.

fechter said:
From the manual:

A2B Hybrid Error Codes.JPG

Somewhere between the motor or sensor and display. It is probably not having a good connection on one of the pins in the connector. Inspect the pins and make sure none are damaged. Look at the sockets and make sure the metal part inside isn't spread apart too far.

My bike is very, very strange.
Yesterday, after I gave up, I went to sleep when I was still in error 10.
When I woke up this morning, the error disappeared and the bike was excellent.

Any chance it got wet? I've had a similar problem after washing the bike. It started working again after it dried out. Otherwise, could still be a contact that's just barely touching. Wiggling the connectors will sometimes make a difference.

The hard part it seems is getting access to the wires you need to probe in order to see if even using a throttle is possible. If you aren't good at cutting and splicing wires, it may be something you don't really want to get into.

From what I can tell from the limited information, the motor looks to be the same as the Metro, which could take a throttle input but on the Hybrid the signal comes from the display unit. The basic idea would be to find the throttle signal wire, cut it, and run it to a throttle along with the required 5v and ground. On the Metro, the 5v is really more like 6.5v, but that will work fine with a standard throttle.

fechter said:
Any chance it got wet? I've had a similar problem after washing the bike. It started working again after it dried out. Otherwise, could still be a contact that's just barely touching. Wiggling the connectors will sometimes make a difference.

The hard part it seems is getting access to the wires you need to probe in order to see if even using a throttle is possible. If you aren't good at cutting and splicing wires, it may be something you don't really want to get into.

From what I can tell from the limited information, the motor looks to be the same as the Metro, which could take a throttle input but on the Hybrid the signal comes from the display unit. The basic idea would be to find the throttle signal wire, cut it, and run it to a throttle along with the required 5v and ground. On the Metro, the 5v is really more like 6.5v, but that will work fine with a standard throttle.

Hello again friend.
I could not measure the current with these wires, but I found some measure that might help.
In my bike, a sensor is installed like in the picture. And I found information about him that might help us.

TMM Sensor Unit
Supply voltage:

5 V
Output voltage: 0,1 V- 4,9 V
Measuring range sensor unit: 120 Nm ( High sensitivity) / 300 Nm (medium sensitivity)
Sensitivity TMM sensor unit:
40 Nm/V (High sensitivity)/ 100 Nm/V (medium sensitivity)

Tolerance on sensitivity: < 3 %
Allowable range ZTV (zero torque value): 0,5-2 V
Temperature influence: < 1 mV/ ºC
Electrical disturbance: < 10 mV
Effect of moisture: < 10 mV
Operational temperature: -10 - 60 ºC
Storage temperature: -40 - 85 ºC
Durability: At least 100 million cycles
Protection Class: IP66 >> protection aigainst water and dust

Attachments

• Assy_voor_website_uitsnede.jpg
    Assy_voor_website_uitsnede.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 828
The sensor output voltages look very similar to a typical throttle. It seems like it may be possible to take the wires going to the sensor and run them to a standard throttle instead. This might be easier to figure out the wires. It would be good to cut things in a way that makes putting them back easy in case it doesn't work.

Does the torque sensor go to a connector before it goes to the display? If we had a picture of the connector, we could see if it's possible to find a matching one so you don't need to cut any of the original wires.

40nm/volt --> 1.2V for 120 nm on high sensitivity
100nm/volt -> 1.2V for 120 nm on medium sensitivty range

While it's novel idea to turn that torque sensor output into a throttle input, isn't 120nm at the sprocket what a mid drive motor will output. With foot power, he'll need to amplify the signal 3X for a conventional controller. Maybe the Motiv unit has such an input.

Meanwhile watching someone direct this OP is like a movie where they tell the heroine over her smart phone which wire to cut on a bomb, except now she has to tap in an overide cicuit , solder and shrink wrap. LOL. I think ... maybe he or she should accept one's lack of experience and give it up. Such a nice bike to mess up.

Back