• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

has anyone bought the "a123"a from ebay?

todayican2

100 W
Has anyone had any experience with sellers like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-100Pcs-A123-3-2v02300-mah-Lithium-Ion-Battery-Cell_W0QQitemZ370265476201QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item56358acc69#ht_2747wt_1049

These are "seconds"?

I'm not sure why you want to take risks on these cells when you can buy perfectly good brand new cells for between $6.25 and $7.50 in the Dewalt packs. They come with a BMS which for a few bucks you can use an interface card to draw 25 Amps perfectly safely from and it will cutoff when the low cell cutoff is reached or you can just pull off the BMS and case and use the bare group of cells with tabs already done. If you buy bare cells, you have to have pretty specialized equipment to battery tab weld them (harder than standard cells due to the construction details). Personally, unless you already have the cells or need the high power from A123, I'd go with the cheaper headway cells ($17/10Ah cell) for a new battery pack build.

just bought some from techex_online on ebay. will let you know how they are once i receive them and give them a test.

i don't think they are that good anymore. my olympic2008 A123 boost pack is not reall helping my main pack all that much anymore. i can only pull 10 or 20 amps max from them.

Back