Has anyone had recent contact with Ed Lyen?

My last email he didn't respond to. That was couple weeks ago. Before that, couple emails he did respond to within couple days and others he didn't at all. I was actually was not pleased with his service.

Thanks, I thought that would be it. I'll give it another week or so to see if he responds, if not I'll send the controller back with a note. I'm thinking he may not have road tested it before sending because he's so busy, it seems ok when tested on the stand with no load.

alsmith said:
I'm thinking he may not have road tested it before sending

I'd say that's pretty much a certainty. I did find "road tested" quite funny, so thanks for starting my day with a laugh.

He usually bench tests them with an unloaded bike wheel and takes a video.

A year ago he did road test one of mine that had passed the unloaded test both on his bench and here on mine and then failed immediately under load. But it is time intensive and I don't expect that he does it all the time. I wonder if he could add some simple loading to his bench test setup (perhaps a friction bike exercise device) to better test for problems and reduce returns. It would be a lot simpler than a road test but would find problems much better than an unloaded test.

John in CR said:
alsmith said:
I'm thinking he may not have road tested it before sending

I'd say that's pretty much a certainty. I did find "road tested" quite funny, so thanks for starting my day with a laugh.

In the past I've received a repair from him where he put the controller on a bike, video'd it and a ride of a few miles.
So he has road tested in the past.
And I said 'he may not have road tested'
I take it you laugh easily?

I received a reply from him yesterday (I still wasn't overly concerned, but he had missed my emails plus had been on holiday). I've been stuck in bed for a few days* but I'm going to make one more attempt at diagnosing any 'obvious' problems before sending it- my low income is a pain!

*Possible future post- illness triggered by a pedalling/pushing return journey where my battery went flat in just a few miles from fully charged- it's happened a few times now, twice in a week. Another thing to look at when I'm more recovered.

I was in contact with him a couple weeks ago, but nothing more recent.

thats lyen.
always smart to new "customers" and after that we have a lot guys here who cant contact him after.

dont believe it ? register a new account. ask to buy a controller und you have answer in 10 minutes!
and when you have answers you get just 0815 default template answers.

sure lets take a look at your clock and wait till someone comes and say hey hes busy but the best man in the world.
Remeber, selling controllers is business and not a favor. So after sales Service had to be inclusive in his middle age overpriced xiechang stuff.

for your information. I buyed above 40 controllers from him. Last year it was ok to deal with him.....
...the last buy costs me 575$ for a controller that is damaged and never had worked.
i had a topic here:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60936

i send it back on my costs, he "repaired" it. I paid for work, and also for sending back.
I switched in the mean time to Sabvoton Controllers ...
I selled it to another guy here. And what happens?

The Poor Buddy set up this repaired controller from lyen and it blows also on the table without any load or any feet on street.

He selled thousands of controllers and this 24fet 4115 was defect. Complete costs were 575$ and i wanted my money back.
He Refused ....my last message was send for 10 days....he reads it and dont answer anymore.

He's not a part of the Endless Sphere where everyone helps others, best and biggest worldwide community....... He's just a seller to make profit.

Hard words, i know....but iam a direct honest guy. i say loud out what just others think and talk behind hands.

Back