Has anyone tried this Throttle from E-bike kit ?

biohazardman

100 kW
Had one that looked like that on my first ebike it was OK but did not last long. Came with my GM kit. Traded for a halfgrip style when it died. You might want to e-mail or call and find out if it is full twist, halftwist or quarter. The later two require much less wrist action to activate and would likely be preffered.

I would definitely go with the half twist rather than the full twist type. You don't run the risk having the half twist tube sliding off the end of the bars if the throttle assembly fails (as with a full twist). A half twist will also reduce the chances of "unexpected" and/or unwanted throttle increases if the bike/bar end falls against an object and/or hits the ground.

Not sure which one you mean now, split or full. Both are the same generic throttle, cheap but servicable, and without the useless 4th wire.

I have a bunch of em, for my hand, I greatly prefer a split throttle. I have tons of hand strength, so I don't have big problems on long rides.

Have you ever thought about somthing like a velcro palm glove, and velcro on a throttle? On a split throttle, the velcro palm could connect the two throttle sections like a cruise controll, but you could disengage by rotating your wrist to rip the velcro on the left side of the grip.

I am interested in that full twist from e-bikekit also......

it looks like a bit better quality than the other full twist that I see around everywhere, can anyone who has used both types confirm this?

Kingfish seemed to think it was better in this post as well, but I don't know what he was using previously.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27721&p=407394&hilit=best+full+twist+throttle#p407394

To clarify, these are the two I'm talking about:

ebk-twst.jpg

T-Twist.jpg

I have one that looks very similar to the top one, except mine doesn't have the silver end caps. I think I got it from Lyen. I also have one of the ones pictured on the bottom, that came with an eZee kit from Justin.

My eZee kit one has taken some abuse, eventually it broke and was superglued back together a couple of times. It sucks when the thin plastic tab holding the grip in place breaks, and the grip flies off the end of the handlebar and the bike goes to full throttle by itself! The other one I have that looks similar to your top picture just hasn't broken YET. It seems like it might be a little better quality, but if so, not by much.

I also have a thumb throttle which I rather like actually (thought I would hate it, but it actually works rather well for modulating power) and a half-grip throttle that I haven't actually tried yet. But they are all the same molded plastic snap-together construction. Still keeping an eye for something a little sturdier with smooth action...

Other than liking the grip on one better than another, they are all pretty similarly cheap. I find it harder to hold full twist throttles at a particular setting, other than wot of off. They are twitchy compared to a motorcyle throttle.

Back