Hello guys, I’m having some trouble with my throttle and nucular obc. When I press down the throttle, the obc shows that voltage is increasing and tha

Alex_Q

1 mW
Hello guys, I’m having some trouble with my throttle and nucular obc. When I press down the throttle, the obc shows that voltage is increasing and that the throttle is working. The problem is that the motor won’t spin when I active the throttle. The brake also pulls 6amps when activated. Any ideas how I could get the throttle working?

Hello guys, I’m having some trouble with my throttle and nucular obc. When I press down the throttle, the obc shows that voltage is increasing and that the throttle is working. The problem is that the motor won’t spin when I active the throttle. The brake also pulls 6amps when activated. Any ideas how I could get the throttle working?

Your throttle *is* working according to what you just posted, but your *motor* is not spinning. There are several things that can cause that.

FETs could be blown in the controller so it can't drive the motor.
Connections between motor and controller could be poor or disconnected.
Motor could have open or shorted phase wires or windings.
If the system is not completely sensorless, a hall sensor could have failed or connection to it be open or otherwise causing a signal problem.

How much current does the brake usually pull? Less, or more? etc.

Does the system have a motor autotune process you can initiate? If so, does the motor spin during that?

Do you happen to have another motor you can connect to test?
Or a different controller system to test the motor on?
Those would be a way to verify the motor itself is or is not the problem.

Back