HELP: How to on how to flash 860C with OSF firmware

first.loser

1 µW
Hi all. New member. I just registered but I have lurked on these forums for a while.

I have a TSDZ2B 8 pin with throttle which I rode for 1 year/ 2500 kms with stock firmware before I destroyed the white nylon gear last fall.

I don't ride in the winter so while the bike was out of commission, I decided to take everything apart to get to know the motor and my bicycle. While I was at it I replaced the white nylon gear with a brass gear and decided I might as well install a temperature sensor, cooling mod (heat sinks, aluminum plate, and thermal paste), and changed the chain ring from 42T to 34T. I then ended up changing the rear cog of my Alfine 8 from 18T to 23T. To give me more climbing gears since I live in a hilly area. Of course, my chain was too long now so I learned how to shorten a chain. When I changed those things I decided I want to change my handlebars so I got a Surly Corner Bar.. when I installed that, my hydraulic hoses were too short so I had to learn to make hydraulic brake cable hoses and cut them to the right length. I then learned to bleed brakes. However I contaminated my brake pads and there is a loud squeal for both front and back brakes. I learned how to get rid of contamination using Dawn Dish Soap, Alcohol, Sandpaper, and a heatgun. Brakes are good now. :). I found no grips that fit the corner bar so I learned about Bar Tape and how to wrap.

Needless to say, I learned quite a bit about the bike in the process.

So I installed the temperature sensor and for some odd reason, I thought I can get a temp reading from my VLCD-5 with stock firmware but then I learned I need OSF.. So I bought an ST-LINK Adapter and a speed sensor extension cable. Followed the instructions on the wiki and made a flashing cable. I was able to successfully flash the motor. (I think?) Because when I start the bike now, there is sometime when the VLCD-5 displays a bunch of numbers for a few seconds. The bike also feels livelier even with default settings but maybe its my imagination since I haven't ridden it since last fall. I played around with the VLCD-5 until I realized maybe I can't get a temp reading with this display lol. So I was led to getting the BAFANG 860C which needs to be flashed with OSF.

I cannot get too much info on a how to anywhere. Just asking for help where I can find this info so I can determine how hard this project will be. I am weighing in whether I want to buy a display and the required stuff to flash or if I should just buy a flashed display. Although I want to enjoy my bike now, I also don't mind tinkering some more and learning.

All I got so far is I need an APT Bootloader box but no other info. I know I have to splice the 860c wires to mate with the TSDZ2B.

If it is too hard is there a store anyone can recommend that sells 860C OSF Display and ships to Canada?

Thanks!

Tinkering for how much longer to get that required info that may or may not come.

Buy a matched pair controller and display, or go displayless if you dare!

I managed to get a hold of someone from ebike stuff and got the required info.

There is a programming it available but another factor to consider it seems is I need a compatible 860C display. I think I read somewhere that newer ones cannot be flashed.

Knowing this I am now strongly considering getting a preflashed display and wiring harness!

Back