Actual max power of th48ve TSDZ2B with OSF/

stephane p

10 µW
Dear all i would really like getting some of my naive questions answered, flashing firmware seems rather trivial but is is confusing because (a) since 2018 the procedure changed - as example i don t think one need to open the controler and solder cable to it to flash it anymore -- (b) the motor also changed even if the changes were mostly " physical" so it seems that firmware for TSDZ2 2018 works fine with TSDZ2B 2023
(c) firmwares in the controller and motor should more or less match but i m not sure exactly how do the two entities discuss. I may end up flashing by motor, finding that the controller does not understand anything anymore and then flashing back the original firmware (of course i shall make a back up).

So, some Short questions here :

I just installed a 36v 250W TSDZ2B. From what i understand there is no difference physical between the 250/350 and 500 w 36 volts model, only the firmware is different.

I m a bit dissapointed since this motor is less efficient and has less peak power than an old Bosch Active line + (and of course a Bosch CLX performance is immensely better).

So i wish to try the firmware and i may end up getting a 48v model if the 36 v ends up being too weak.

The goal is to climb 12% slopes (common in my hilly area and on my commute road) at 25km/h with a total weight of around 110 kg (85 rider+ 15 bike + 5+ luggage). Wish a was a light woman, or a teenager, if i was 55 kg things would be different.

For that you need 900 watts, so assume i provide 300, the motor should give 600.

Note that this is somewhat the peek power, there are sections at 15% and even may be 20 but very short.

So something with peak power around 500 (1-2mn) and sustained high power of 300-350 (5-10mn) should be fine, obviously the average power shall be much less.

My motor is a TSDZ2B 36 volts, 250 watts.

From the controller panel i read firmware (of the motor?): E 3.0 / 3/2 TV2

The display/controler is a 850c
On the screen/controller i read :
850c V3 0G03LB60 XF 3.2

I understand how the motor firmware can be flashed (using the speed sensor cable and then a cable attached to it to connect to a st-link which one plug as a usb device to a PC). I prefer to buy a professionaly made cable since the shematic are confusing (3? 4 color coded wires c connected to 4 terminal of the st link?do the builders always use the same colors??)

But it seems that sometimes one needs to flash the controller/screen too, but this seems to be somewhat outdated ( i saw videos from 2018 in which they opened the controler to connect it to a PC soldering some wired, i don' t know how to solder so i won' t do that).

So i m looking for a solution in which i just need to flash the motor.

Things are a bit unclear since i don' t know if one need to get firmwares of the same " familly" on both the controller and the motor.

I m looking for a solution in which i only need to flash the motor. Apparetly motor firmwares are provided for different controllers/screens, but will any 850c controler work with a motor firmware design for a 850 c? or do one need a 850c with a specific firmware?

Here are the features i would like to get :
Current Power of the rider
Current Power of the motor
Actual level of the battery, the current indicator is very imprecise.
Speed at which assist should cut of ( i wish to set it a 28km/h)

I do' t really care about the assist on flat or downhill, the current bike works fine till 6-7% grade.

I don' t mind if i need to buy a new controller, the cost 20-60 euros on aliexpress.

My current controller as a " power option" (watt or amperage) but even if the option exists the power is not displayed.

Last I found a wired stlink for around 40 euros, if anyone knows a cheaper solution solution that would be great. I search aliexpress for stlink + tongsheng but i found nothing but a cable to flash Bafang motor.

Yours sincerely.

Dear all i would really like getting some of my naive questions answered, flashing firmware seems rather trivial but is is confusing because (a) since 2018 the procedure changed - as example i don t think one need to open the controler and solder cable to it to flash it anymore -- (b) the motor also changed even if the changes were mostly " physical" so it seems that firmware for TSDZ2 2018 works fine with TSDZ2B 2023
(c) firmwares in the controller and motor should more or less match but i m not sure exactly how do the two entities discuss. I may end up flashing by motor, finding that the controller does not understand anything anymore and then flashing back the original firmware (of course i shall make a back up).

So, some Short questions here :

I just installed a 36v 250W TSDZ2B. From what i understand there is no difference physical between the 250/350 and 500 w 36 volts model, only the firmware is different.

I m a bit dissapointed since this motor is less efficient and has less peak power than an old Bosch Active line + (and of course a Bosch CLX performance is immensely better).

So i wish to try the firmware and i may end up getting a 48v model if the 36 v ends up being too weak.

The goal is to climb 12% slopes (common in my hilly area and on my commute road) at 25km/h with a total weight of around 110 kg (85 rider+ 15 bike + 5+ luggage). Wish a was a light woman, or a teenager, if i was 55 kg things would be different.

For that you need 900 watts, so assume i provide 300, the motor should give 600.

Note that this is somewhat the peek power, there are sections at 15% and even may be 20 but very short.

So something with peak power around 500 (1-2mn) and sustained high power of 300-350 (5-10mn) should be fine, obviously the average power shall be much less.

My motor is a TSDZ2B 36 volts, 250 watts.

From the controller panel i read firmware (of the motor?): E 3.0 / 3/2 TV2

The display/controler is a 850c
On the screen/controller i read :
850c V3 0G03LB60 XF 3.2

I understand how the motor firmware can be flashed (using the speed sensor cable and then a cable attached to it to connect to a st-link which one plug as a usb device to a PC). I prefer to buy a professionaly made cable since the shematic are confusing (3? 4 color coded wires c connected to 4 terminal of the st link?do the builders always use the same colors??)

But it seems that sometimes one needs to flash the controller/screen too, but this seems to be somewhat outdated ( i saw videos from 2018 in which they opened the controler to connect it to a PC soldering some wired, i don' t know how to solder so i won' t do that).

So i m looking for a solution in which i just need to flash the motor.

Things are a bit unclear since i don' t know if one need to get firmwares of the same " familly" on both the controller and the motor.

I m looking for a solution in which i only need to flash the motor. Apparetly motor firmwares are provided for different controllers/screens, but will any 850c controler work with a motor firmware design for a 850 c? or do one need a 850c with a specific firmware?

Here are the features i would like to get :
Current Power of the rider
Current Power of the motor
Actual level of the battery, the current indicator is very imprecise.
Speed at which assist should cut of ( i wish to set it a 28km/h)

I do' t really care about the assist on flat or downhill, the current bike works fine till 6-7% grade.

I don' t mind if i need to buy a new controller, the cost 20-60 euros on aliexpress.

My current controller as a " power option" (watt or amperage) but even if the option exists the power is not displayed.

Last I found a wired stlink for around 40 euros, if anyone knows a cheaper solution solution that would be great. I search aliexpress for stlink + tongsheng but i found nothing but a cable to flash Bafang motor.

Yours sincerely.

Not sure if you have been here at the bottom, I do have the programmer and the STC software as I reprogrammed a AKM mid drive a few years back which was a cross between the Bafang and Tonsheng mid drive, got an update from the makers which I installed to improve the overall performance. Basically looked like the Tongsheng, "drove like the Bafang, all from the same area in china. I am a bit wary at the moment to plug the computer until I find again the info online where it detailed the specific parameters to change for power output etc etc. I use to program PLC's and HMI's for a living so it doe's not worry me to much having a go as I do have spare controllers and motors which I brought when the price were well discounted.

Found the videos I was looking for:-
Not sure at moment if there is any variations electronically between the TSDZ2 and the TSDZ2B.
I need to read up a bit more, my 48v motor was brought as a half price brand new factory return to use for spares, I then tested it and found out the original owner must have reversed wired it so I just put in a new controller and it runs OK but could do with a little bit of fine tuning so will get my laptop out and have a play.

Attachments

• TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-20.1C-VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 6
Back