Actual max power of th48ve TSDZ2B with OSF/

stephane p

10 µW
Dear all i would really like getting some of my naive questions answered, flashing firmware seems rather trivial but is is confusing because (a) since 2018 the procedure changed - as example i don t think one need to open the controler and solder cable to it to flash it anymore -- (b) the motor also changed even if the changes were mostly " physical" so it seems that firmware for TSDZ2 2018 works fine with TSDZ2B 2023
(c) firmwares in the controller and motor should more or less match but i m not sure exactly how do the two entities discuss. I may end up flashing by motor, finding that the controller does not understand anything anymore and then flashing back the original firmware (of course i shall make a back up).

So, some Short questions here :

I just installed a 36v 250W TSDZ2B. From what i understand there is no difference physical between the 250/350 and 500 w 36 volts model, only the firmware is different.

I m a bit dissapointed since this motor is less efficient and has less peak power than an old Bosch Active line + (and of course a Bosch CLX performance is immensely better).

So i wish to try the firmware and i may end up getting a 48v model if the 36 v ends up being too weak.

The goal is to climb 12% slopes (common in my hilly area and on my commute road) at 25km/h with a total weight of around 110 kg (85 rider+ 15 bike + 5+ luggage). Wish a was a light woman, or a teenager, if i was 55 kg things would be different.

For that you need 900 watts, so assume i provide 300, the motor should give 600.

Note that this is somewhat the peek power, there are sections at 15% and even may be 20 but very short.

So something with peak power around 500 (1-2mn) and sustained high power of 300-350 (5-10mn) should be fine, obviously the average power shall be much less.

My motor is a TSDZ2B 36 volts, 250 watts.

From the controller panel i read firmware (of the motor?): E 3.0 / 3/2 TV2

The display/controler is a 850c
On the screen/controller i read :
850c V3 0G03LB60 XF 3.2

I understand how the motor firmware can be flashed (using the speed sensor cable and then a cable attached to it to connect to a st-link which one plug as a usb device to a PC). I prefer to buy a professionaly made cable since the shematic are confusing (3? 4 color coded wires c connected to 4 terminal of the st link?do the builders always use the same colors??)

But it seems that sometimes one needs to flash the controller/screen too, but this seems to be somewhat outdated ( i saw videos from 2018 in which they opened the controler to connect it to a PC soldering some wired, i don' t know how to solder so i won' t do that).

So i m looking for a solution in which i just need to flash the motor.

Things are a bit unclear since i don' t know if one need to get firmwares of the same " familly" on both the controller and the motor.

I m looking for a solution in which i only need to flash the motor. Apparetly motor firmwares are provided for different controllers/screens, but will any 850c controler work with a motor firmware design for a 850 c? or do one need a 850c with a specific firmware?

Here are the features i would like to get :
Current Power of the rider
Current Power of the motor
Actual level of the battery, the current indicator is very imprecise.
Speed at which assist should cut of ( i wish to set it a 28km/h)

I do' t really care about the assist on flat or downhill, the current bike works fine till 6-7% grade.

I don' t mind if i need to buy a new controller, the cost 20-60 euros on aliexpress.

My current controller as a " power option" (watt or amperage) but even if the option exists the power is not displayed.

Last I found a wired stlink for around 40 euros, if anyone knows a cheaper solution solution that would be great. I search aliexpress for stlink + tongsheng but i found nothing but a cable to flash Bafang motor.

Yours sincerely.

Dear all i would really like getting some of my naive questions answered, flashing firmware seems rather trivial but is is confusing because (a) since 2018 the procedure changed - as example i don t think one need to open the controler and solder cable to it to flash it anymore -- (b) the motor also changed even if the changes were mostly " physical" so it seems that firmware for TSDZ2 2018 works fine with TSDZ2B 2023
(c) firmwares in the controller and motor should more or less match but i m not sure exactly how do the two entities discuss. I may end up flashing by motor, finding that the controller does not understand anything anymore and then flashing back the original firmware (of course i shall make a back up).

So, some Short questions here :

I just installed a 36v 250W TSDZ2B. From what i understand there is no difference physical between the 250/350 and 500 w 36 volts model, only the firmware is different.

I m a bit dissapointed since this motor is less efficient and has less peak power than an old Bosch Active line + (and of course a Bosch CLX performance is immensely better).

So i wish to try the firmware and i may end up getting a 48v model if the 36 v ends up being too weak.

The goal is to climb 12% slopes (common in my hilly area and on my commute road) at 25km/h with a total weight of around 110 kg (85 rider+ 15 bike + 5+ luggage). Wish a was a light woman, or a teenager, if i was 55 kg things would be different.

For that you need 900 watts, so assume i provide 300, the motor should give 600.

Note that this is somewhat the peek power, there are sections at 15% and even may be 20 but very short.

So something with peak power around 500 (1-2mn) and sustained high power of 300-350 (5-10mn) should be fine, obviously the average power shall be much less.

My motor is a TSDZ2B 36 volts, 250 watts.

From the controller panel i read firmware (of the motor?): E 3.0 / 3/2 TV2

The display/controler is a 850c
On the screen/controller i read :
850c V3 0G03LB60 XF 3.2

I understand how the motor firmware can be flashed (using the speed sensor cable and then a cable attached to it to connect to a st-link which one plug as a usb device to a PC). I prefer to buy a professionaly made cable since the shematic are confusing (3? 4 color coded wires c connected to 4 terminal of the st link?do the builders always use the same colors??)

But it seems that sometimes one needs to flash the controller/screen too, but this seems to be somewhat outdated ( i saw videos from 2018 in which they opened the controler to connect it to a PC soldering some wired, i don' t know how to solder so i won' t do that).

So i m looking for a solution in which i just need to flash the motor.

Things are a bit unclear since i don' t know if one need to get firmwares of the same " familly" on both the controller and the motor.

I m looking for a solution in which i only need to flash the motor. Apparetly motor firmwares are provided for different controllers/screens, but will any 850c controler work with a motor firmware design for a 850 c? or do one need a 850c with a specific firmware?

Here are the features i would like to get :
Current Power of the rider
Current Power of the motor
Actual level of the battery, the current indicator is very imprecise.
Speed at which assist should cut of ( i wish to set it a 28km/h)

I do' t really care about the assist on flat or downhill, the current bike works fine till 6-7% grade.

I don' t mind if i need to buy a new controller, the cost 20-60 euros on aliexpress.

My current controller as a " power option" (watt or amperage) but even if the option exists the power is not displayed.

Last I found a wired stlink for around 40 euros, if anyone knows a cheaper solution solution that would be great. I search aliexpress for stlink + tongsheng but i found nothing but a cable to flash Bafang motor.

Yours sincerely.

Not sure if you have been here at the bottom, I do have the programmer and the STC software as I reprogrammed a AKM mid drive a few years back which was a cross between the Bafang and Tonsheng mid drive, got an update from the makers which I installed to improve the overall performance. Basically looked like the Tongsheng, "drove like the Bafang, all from the same area in china. I am a bit wary at the moment to plug the computer until I find again the info online where it detailed the specific parameters to change for power output etc etc. I use to program PLC's and HMI's for a living so it doe's not worry me to much having a go as I do have spare controllers and motors which I brought when the price were well discounted.

Found the videos I was looking for:-
Not sure at moment if there is any variations electronically between the TSDZ2 and the TSDZ2B.
I need to read up a bit more, my 48v motor was brought as a half price brand new factory return to use for spares, I then tested it and found out the original owner must have reversed wired it so I just put in a new controller and it runs OK but could do with a little bit of fine tuning so will get my laptop out and have a play.

Attachments

• TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-20.1C-VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 8
Looks like the same controller fits the 48v TSDZ2 and the TSDZ2B, as doe's the 36v TSDZ2 and the TSDZ2B. Mechanically the TSDZ2B case has been beefed up along with the internal running gear.

Back