Help please - 6ah power tool batterys repurposed

Greenvlx

1 mW
Hi guys
I have some 6ah power tool betterys i would like to repurpose as a battery pack for an electric mountainboard. As far as i know they use 5s2P 18650 cells with 15a constant discharge and 3ah/cell. I plan on making the pack 10s but i am unsure how many i need in parrallel If i wanted to run 2 motors with a max of 90amps. Am i right to assume this is 90amps required divided by 15a constant discharge per string? Also these batterys already have a bms in the 5s2p configuration so would it be possible to have seperate bms and then wire the individual packs in series parrallel as required or would i need to make the pack with a new bms?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Shane

you would need to put at least 6 in parralel. so a 10sp8 pack would be bare minimum if you do not want to destroy the pack in less then a year. 10 would be preferable.
this is assuming each motor is 45 amps.
it is always recommended to have a single BMS that is rated for the use it will see.

but i wonder: how will you be able to hold on to a board with 3.5kW of pulling power? if the board has enough grip you will pull a 0-100kph in 0.5 seconds or something.

The motors i was hoping to use were2 x 6372 enertion r specs with 80a max current each 190kv. So im guessing this is unobtainable from these cells then?
Holding on is the fun part!!!
Thanks
Shane

you can run them with 90A peaks but sustained is a whole difference story.
try getting the specs sheets and find out the actual sustained rating. pulling 3.5kW from that motor for more then a few seconds will burn it out real fast.

making a 10s10p pack will be sufficient for this application and give you decent lifespan. you can peg it down to 10s6p but i would recommend against it if you want the battery pack to last.

Hi. May/may not be relevant? But Dewalt just announced:
parallel_battery.png

Seen here:
http://flexvolt.dewalt.com/en-us

Tks
L

Back