• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Help with building a battery Pack

okmate

10 W
Hi guys its been a while since I've been on the forum but do miss it,

The reasons' well things were going pretty well with my electric bike but unfortunately the motor burnt out' so thing went on the back burner.
I was never happy with the initial battery setup I had (lead acid) very heavy.

But now things have changed unfortunately my company ordered the incorrect battery's which we are not able to return.
My super boss said I can have them check out the pics Attached

here's a few details

I currently still have a lyon controller which is capable of being anything from 12 to 48v I believe.
I don't have a motor but I'm thinking I may be able to trade with someone who has for batteries as I have 100 of these 7.2v 3.ah

Attachments

• WP_20140221_001.jpg
    WP_20140221_001.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 483
  • WP_20140221_002.jpg
    WP_20140221_002.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 235
No takers so far. That could be because nobody knows what continent you are on.

Nimh is a pain, since you have to charge each series string separate. Too bad the cells are not 8 ah. But free is free.

Those appear to be 6s strings. So 9v sticks? So four of them connected in series gets you to 36v ish, of 3ah capacity.

A 5p setup would get you 15 ah, but charging would then take 5 chargers, or 5 separate runs of one charger. With two chargers, a 4p setup might be tolerable. Only two runs of the charger.

Regular RC chargers do nimh, so you could charge with multiple 150w chargers fairly quick.

If you don't mind me asking what lead acid batteries did you have? Motor used and range you got on them +- ?
Sell me those batteries? :)
Its 6x1.2=7.2V
Great for RC cars :p
You could make packs of 4P as they will be nice to work with for combining packs to get you to your goals.
Packs of 4p and then 4s will get you 28.8V or 6s will give you 43.2V
So 4p6s will give you 12AH @ 43.2V that is 518 Watt Hour if you have two of these banks then you will have 1036 Watt Hour and 43.2V 24AH
This is on paper however :D
Charging is a slight problem yes.

yes I di believe there 7.2v

the more I'm thinking the more I'm eager to sell £s

Pounds means you are in Great Brittan?

If you are selling, start a new thread in the for sale section. Give a price and location!

Charging needs to be 1p. So four RC chargers would be a doable solution.

Back