• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Hitec X2 balance charger repair: 9/14- identifying component

Skedgy Sky

100 W
It's a dual 200W charger and I plugged in a battery backwards to port 1.
It stopped working (You'd think they'd have reverse protection?!). Port 2 of the dual charger works as normal.

I cracked it open. Determined to fix it. Seeing as I am able to compare the two halves, maybe it's not too difficult?
Is there any way to identify what component is circled in red? "64" isn't too helpful. This component appears to be to shorted. :?

Hitek1.jpg
Hitek2.jpg

if you can figure out how it is wired up there and maybe sketch a circuit diagram for the transistor and the adjacent parts it is linked to it may make more sense. if it is a mosfet you can test for the body diode between the source and drain and then see if it is intact by reversing the probes.

if it is an npn transistor you should be able to see the pn junction from base to emitter with the diode tester also.

but we would have to be able to see the layout of that circuit from where you reversed the polarity and then see what there is for traces of the circuitry on the other side of the pcb to have an idea of what might have failed.

Thanks for the links amberwolf. I'll check them out in detail soon.
For now I checked the underside of the board and found a blown trace and down the line some type of shorted voltage regulator (my guess).
I will disassemble the unit further to find the part numbers.
As for the "64" components - seems I will also have to get replacements. I think I may have damaged both of them while desolding them with my hot air station. Main focus for now is what's hiding under the heatsink.
hitek 3.jpg
hitek4.jpg

Back