How Do I Know My Battery Is Balanced charged?

How old is your pack are you getting pretty much the full capacity the same mileage as when you first got it of course the mileage will go down in the capacity will go down over time but if there's a big difference then you know yourselves may not be balanced.
Next time when you buy a battery get one with a Bluetooth b m s that way you could check every cell.
A bms has been called a battery murdering device cuz you have no idea what it's doing and you're just hoping and praying that is doing everything is supposed to have you ever looked at it be a mess and seeing all those solder joints resistors ect.
I have three batteries that only have balance wire sticking out or as 5S or 6s that way I could check them with a cell m and I can always hook them up to a balance charger and have balanced and all you have to do is know your battery.

mybike said:
My New 52v (14S 8P) battery reads 58.8v fully charged. My aim here is to balance charge the pack I brought from ebay with G25 Chinese cells. There is no app to monitor the balance charge so how do I know it’s fully balanced?
Above was his first intro post on this thread informing ES members that his 14S 8P is New ...
(but the cells could be at least 5 years old).
999zip999 said:
How old is your pack are you getting pretty much the full capacity the same mileage as when you first got it of course the mileage will go down in the capacity will go down over time but if there's a big difference then you know yourselves may not be balanced.
Are we beginning to go in a circle(s) for the 2nd or the 3rd time around? If he hasn't figured out the more likely culprit by now ... we all tried ... https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=67528 ... :thumb:

Buyer Beware when buying a Chinese pack with cells that may be at least 5 years old and the cell datasheet is no longer available raises a red flag. Even so his new/old 14S8P pack is still just as good (or even better) than a 14S8P pack of used salvaged cells with an Active Balancer Board. Even if he was to remove the protective shrinkwrap it's a 50/50 gamble whether a waste of time and money to replace the BMS with a so-called smart BMS.

The one thing mybike can do is to continue with what he's already doing. Continue to plug in the charger again after an hour or so and keep a record of how long the red light stays on before going green. He could easily get at least 200 c/d cycles out of his 14S8P Chinese pack with more casual cruising use as opposed to mostly raw performance use.

Think we all might agree that at this point with his 14S8P pack that there is nothing to be overly concerned about this early in its use. Just keep a record of each c/d cycle to see if the charging anomaly becomes a more noticeable problem.

Back