Huge heatshrink sizes in USA?

MrDude_1

100 kW
Is there anywhere in the USA that sells huge heatshrink sizes? I am looking for ~300mm and ~450mm flat across sizes. Preferably black PVC.

I can find tons of it on ebay, but its all in china, and takes weeks to get here. I dont need it often, but when I do I tend to need it fast.

Does ANYONE stock it in the USA?

Its really hard to search for because theres no exact sizing... and of course every search turns up lengths the size of my desired widths... its very frustrating.

Sorry I couldn't help.
I don't know any specific places, but there are a few topics for heat shrink stuff. Maybe there is useful info in one of them, if nobody replying here happens to know of a source directly:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=heat+shrink&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

amberwolf said:
I don't know any specific places, but there are a few topics for heat shrink stuff. Maybe there is useful info in one of them, if nobody replying here happens to know of a source directly:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=heat+shrink&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
ok, so I went through all those links.

If you bother to read them, most of them contain the following:

1. someone else linking to a search or other threads.
2. just links to other searches.
3. China. This includes eBay. all of it. There are no USA sellers of the stuff.
4. ebikes.ca (love these guys, but they no longer sell the stuff)
5. China.
6. more links to other links
7. Hobbyking (nowhere near large enough, but maybe for some)

Saying "do a search" is kind of a dick move... However making ANOTHER thread end with "do a search" while the content IS NOT HERE is a horrible mistake.
Other than ordering it from ebay or aliexpress... there are no US options for these sizes.
batteryspace.com goes up to 11" but thats not big enough, and they're unusually expensive for heatshrink.

Searching of the board has already been done. No need to link to a search or a thread. if you have a POST with content, by all means share it.. but be aware that most links to online stores that are 5+ years old are no longer valid, and usually they're not even in business anymore.

THAT is why there is a new thread here. Its not lazyness. It is not ignorance in how to search, or not willing to read through the board. It is because this messageboard does NOT have the information I am asking about, however a member might know... and if they do, please share it.
If they dont, but want to know themselves, bump the thread and let others know you want to know too.
if you just want to say "do a search" just get off the PC, take a deep breath, and take some time out to question why you would want to post that in the first place.

I ordered several metres of every size from eBay/china, took about a week to arrive, I really don't see what the big deal is? The sooner you order, the sooner it gets there? You've spent considerably more time posting about the lack of stock than getting some on its way would take..

Keep stock yourself, problem solved

Ohbse said:
I ordered several metres of every size from eBay/china, took about a week to arrive, I really don't see what the big deal is? The sooner you order, the sooner it gets there? You've spent considerably more time posting about the lack of stock than getting some on its way would take..

Keep stock yourself, problem solved

Oh its already ordered... but keep in mind you're in Auckland, New Zealand. I am in Charleston, South Carolina, USA.... so theres a rather large gap in the time and distance it takes to get here.
With heatshrink this size, "keeping in stock" what I might need in the future would be several hundred US dollars worth of stuff.

Its not complaining.. its that I know somewhere there is "Brian's Hobby Supply Shop" and they keep it in stock. I just dont know where they are. lol.

Sorry I couldnt help
MrDude_1 said:
Saying "do a search" is kind of a dick move...
If you read what I posted,
amberwolf said:
I didn't say to do a search--I simply put the link there in case it might help, if no one else had any answers, because I didn't have one myself, and I don't have enough time to read thru the whole of everything myself just to find the answers for someone else, for every single thread that I try to help in.

I'm sorry it wasn't helpful.

If you prefer, I can stop posting links to potential searches that might contain information, and leave everyone to find it themselves. : (

I note that another person that didn't even try to help but just told you to order it and wait didn't get told off--just a person that attempted to help you find stuff. : roll:

Also, you say that you read thru the stuff in the links in the search, which does imply that you hadn't done it before I posted it, which means it *might* have had info you hadn't seen before--unfortunately in this case it didn't--but if it had, perhaps you'd have had a totally different reply, that didn't drive away someone that only wanted to help you.

FWIW, whenever I can't sleep, which is a lot, I may spend hours on ES off and on thru the night, looking thru threads for people that haven't found answers yet, and posting whatever I happen to know or find that *might* help them- Since people don't generally include what they have already looked thru on ES (including here in this thread), I have no way to know what they have already looked at, so I can't know if they have already seen it and found it unhelpful.

Some find the info helpful and say so, some appear to ignore it, and some dont' find it helpful. Extremely rarely someone gets angry that I even tried, but twice this week people have "yelled" at me for trying to help, by pointing to potential information.

It's a great way to discourage people from wanting to help you, though.

I'll make sure to stay away from any questions you (or the other person) might have in the future.[/spoiler]

amberwolf said:
MrDude_1 said:
Saying "do a search" is kind of a dick move...
If you read what I posted,
amberwolf said:
I didn't say to do a search--I simply put the link there in case it might help, if no one else had any answers, because I didn't have one myself, and I don't have enough time to read thru the whole of everything myself just to find the answers for someone else, for every single thread that I try to help in.

I'm sorry it wasn't helpful.

If you prefer, I can stop posting links to potential searches that might contain information, and leave everyone to find it themselves. : (

I note that another person that didn't even try to help but just told you to order it and wait didn't get told off--just a person that attempted to help you find stuff. : roll:

Also, you say that you read thru the stuff in the links in the search, which does imply that you hadn't done it before I posted it, which means it *might* have had info you hadn't seen before--unfortunately in this case it didn't--but if it had, perhaps you'd have had a totally different reply, that didn't drive away someone that only wanted to help you.

FWIW, whenever I can't sleep, which is a lot, I may spend hours on ES off and on thru the night, looking thru threads for people that haven't found answers yet, and posting whatever I happen to know or find that *might* help them- Since people don't generally include what they have already looked thru on ES (including here in this thread), I have no way to know what they have already looked at, so I can't know if they have already seen it and found it unhelpful.

Some find the info helpful and say so, some appear to ignore it, and some dont' find it helpful. Extremely rarely someone gets angry that I even tried, but twice this week people have "yelled" at me for trying to help, by pointing to potential information.

It's a great way to discourage people from wanting to help you, though.

I'll make sure to stay away from any questions you (or the other person) might have in the future.
If your help is just a search link, refrain.
If you have information to help.. do so. No one is pissed at you. Im just a little disappointed in you for posting a search link. You should know better, you're not a newbie.
Finally, if you have to put spoiler tags around something you're saying.. just dont say it. Dont take anything personally, and there will be no drama. Now instead of help, we've mucked up the thread.

Back