I need a 2nd charger to keep at work

Wheelz

1 µW
I just ordered the IZIP E3 Peak (great deal $2,300.00, free shipping and $240.00 in-store credit). What i need now is a 2nd charger so I can recharge at work. I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions on what and where to purchase a quality (safe) charger.

Battery: Lithium-ion 48V8.7Ah 417Wh
  • Voltage 48V nominal
    Capacity 8.7Ah
    Energy 417Wh
    Cycle life 700 (expected)

Charger (according to website): 36V4A Li-Ion, XLR-4
  • Input voltage: 110-240V AC (auto-sensing)
    Frequency: 50/60Hz
    Input current: 2.2A maximum
    Charging voltage: 54.6 DC (48V nominal)
    Charging current: 2.0A
    Full charge: 4-6 hrs.

P.S. I read that the battery should Never be charged for more than 12 hrs. I also read something about fixing/correcting partially charged cells by charging for a day or two? It seems kind of conflicting, what happens if I fall asleep and the battery pack charges all night, or something else causes prolonged charging? Is there a safe way to protect/prevent this problem (if it is actually an issue with this battery pack)?

P.S.S. I also heard something about the BMS being built into the batter pack.

(please pardon my ignorance but I would rather ask a stupid question than cause an accident.)

Thank you

Here's a bunch. Take your pick. If you need a faster charge, find out the max charge rate the BMS takes and buy accordingly. Most will take up to 5A I would think, 3A for sure.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X54.6V+charger&_nkw=54.6V+charger&_sacat=0
https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=54.6v+charger&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Wheelz said:
P.S. I read that the battery should Never be charged for more than 12 hrs. I also read something about fixing/correcting partially charged cells by charging for a day or two? It seems kind of conflicting, what happens if I fall asleep and the battery pack charges all night, or something else causes prolonged charging? Is there a safe way to protect/prevent this problem (if it is actually an issue with this battery pack)?

P.S.S. I also heard something about the BMS being built into the batter pack.

i never heard of a max charge time for one of these batteries. they MUST have a bms installed as there is no way for YOU to know when charging is finished. i would NOT expect any issues, and as you said: i may even be necessary to leave the charger connected for longer - but normally this does NOT apply to new, properly built batteries, and this should come with balanced cells. if those cells are so far off then the pack is a bad one and should be returned on warranty.

You can use any 48v ebike charger that has a charge voltage of 54.6v and a charge current of no more than 2.5A.

The battery will have a BMS to protect it from over-charging. The balancing normaly happens at the top end of the charge, so always wait until you get the green light. No harm will be done leaving it on for as long as you want after the light goes green. It's only necessary to leave your battery on charge for days at a time if it's gone out of balance and lost capacity.

The store down the street carriers those pretty nice for the money with warranty. Miiddrive. They have new owner ship ( currie ) and lots of new stuff. Good luck and please let us know how it goes over time.where you located ?

Back