Identify Prodeco DD Motor Help

BVH

1 kW
Can anyone ID the motor brand and model that Prodeco uses on its' Oasis and Outlaw?

Attachments

• Prodeco sensorless small.jpg
    Prodeco sensorless small.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 1,058
  • Prodeco Sensorless 2 small.jpg
    Prodeco Sensorless 2 small.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 1,058
I always had the impression those were 28mm wide motors. So in the same class with 9c, muxus, etc. Who makes it? Any one of thousands of motor factories in china.

Or am I wrong, and they are more like the Crystalytes H series?

Checking the Prodeco website show they use a 750W motor. Looks like mxus stenciling but could be any 750W motor.

BVH said:
Can anyone ID the motor brand and model that Prodeco uses on its' Oasis and Outlaw?
What specific information do you need about that motor? Most likely there are ways to find it out without knowing the brand/model.

I dropped a prodeco stator in an old 9c ring. I tried the em3ev cover but it has a larger axle on one side and I must get a bearing wit larger I.D.. If you have it apart could you get the bearing numbers.

amberwolf said:
BVH said:
What specific information do you need about that motor? Most likely there are ways to find it out without knowing the brand/model.

I'm swapping out the stock controller so would like to know how to ID the Phase A, B & C wires.

The prodeco stator I have downstairs is 28mm two different axles sizes 15mm and 6202 bearing and then the wire side with that all in one 8 pin plug so 17mm axle like a muxus 3,000 wire side axle. I need to fine that bearing size if you written it down ? I'm guessing 6003 2RS ?
I wonder how many watts that plug is good for ? You running that plug ? You're swapping out the stock controller for what ? Cutting the plug where ? I run 2200 watts or 72v 30amp. or 48v and 40 amp it you have strong enough battery. Don't think that prodeco battery can take that. Maybe 22amp.

I'm using the 6 FET Lyen MarkII mini EB312. I'm going to limit battery current to 35 Amps for a max of 1750 Watts. I'm running two Prodeco 51.2V/12 Ah in parallel for 51.2V/24 Ah so a max current draw of 1.45C. I'm going to initially use the stock 3-wire plug and monitor cable temps. But in reality, I will rarely use anything over 25 Amps and if I do, it will be for very short periods. My motor is sensorless so there are only 3 Phase wires exiting the motor, no Hall sensor wires. I have not taken the motors apart so I don't have bearing info.

EDIT: Well, I finally looked for and saw the 6 extra small contacts way in the back of the connector so I have a sensored motor. Wish I would have seen them before. Back to the drawing board.

BVH said:
I'm swapping out the stock controller so would like to know how to ID the Phase A, B & C wires.
Ah, well, that info wouldn't be available from the brand and model anyway, typically.

The phase wires will be the three thickest wires, if there are more than three.

If you have a sensorless controller, just hook them up, order doesn't matter. Use the sensorless startup or learn function with the wheel off ground, and see if the motor spins in the correct direction. If it doesn't, either retry the learn function, or if the controller has a reverse jumper then hook that up.

You should be done at that point.

Top image is all you'll need to find "phase power - hall sensor" combinations for practically any BLDC motor:

http://www.endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/Determining_the_Wiring_for_a_Brushless_Motor

Ykick said:
Top image is all you'll need to find "phase power - hall sensor" combinations for practically any BLDC motor:

http://www.endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/Determining_the_Wiring_for_a_Brushless_Motor

Great chart! Thanks for the link.

Back