if you post a lot should have your build links on the signature?

Greendog

100 W
When i read a post that is really smart and makes good sense , I think well this person knows there stuff 8) ,I wonder what there building? so is nice to find links in the signatures, as it can take while find there builds, especially the ones who have thousands of posts, why wouldn't you want show off your creations? :mrgreen:

No.

No one cares. Lol. WHat Ive learned. People research what they are into, more than " what one thinks is cool".. and all that is .. "subjective".

THe internet is so 2008 I dont think many follow or care that much, just phish for their own knowledge anymore. Long gone are the "greats" that spawned youtube channels and got press... Most of the pics forum that age are gone.. ( I know, I look too) and then it is just a boring experience.. signature ink or none. Trying to find the info, or find a good link.

No end to build researching, and looking at other beautiful builds. If someone is proud, they posted it once, and you can find it somewhere.

There are levels of depth here, on ES.. beginners.. long time poster.. the guys who are super duper smart and EE designers.. yeah they are all lurking.. right now.. as you read this.. somewhere.. here.

sub·jec·tive
/səbˈjektiv/
Learn to pronounce
See definitions in:
all
psychology
philosophy
grammar
adjective
adjective: subjective

based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
"his views are highly subjective"

h
Similar:
personal

personalized
individual
internal
emotional
instinctive
intuitive
impressionistic
biased
prejudiced
bigoted
idiosyncratic
irrational
gut
gut reaction
h
Opposite:
objective

impartial
dependent on the mind or on an individual's perception for its existence.
Grammar
relating to or denoting a case of nouns and pronouns used for the subject of a sentence.

nounGrammar

Absolutely Yes

A lot of times I don't remember where I saw something but remember who built it. Seeing more of someone's projects gives you a better idea of who you are talking to. Its easier to make suggestions or get tech support from someone when you can see an overall idea of their skill level and experience. Same thing goes for dealing with people in the for sale section. If someone is a total noob and they are buying or selling a very technical item then you can get a better idea of what questions to ask so things don't turn into a nightmare.

As long as you keep an open mind and don't violate people's privacy I think more background info is better than less. As long as its up to the user to determine how much they want to share then it seems like an overall good thing to post their main builds in the sig.

I think signatures with build threads are a very good idea. ES has a crapton of information on it, and that can make it tough to navigate at times.. it's nice to get an easy lead into some good info.

Nice builds j bjork , loads cool custom fabrication work , putting that lathe and welder to good use , like pic of box of expired dirt bike engine parts this is why electric is better :mrgreen:

j bjork said:
But I still think it should be optionally.

Things like that will never be required, but are good practice :)

Neptronix: Good because I never really looked into how to add a picture for a profile avatar, or all the other personal info you can add to your profile or the footer text until a few years into joining and being active. Besides not all people have complete build threads, some will be scattered into multiple threads where they'd run into problems and post a new thread.

Using the advanced search function helps where you can search every single post a certain user posted. Then the key is to find keywords to use in the search and where those keywords are that you want to find, in the title, in the post, in both. For me, refining my search skills and knowing some tips and tricks for using the search function has been helpful and ignored trying to figure out even with interweb search engines. I didnt know I could use those interweb search engines to search for keywords within a web url, so maybe have a sticky or there might already be a sticky thread on tips and tricks to use in the es search and interweb search engines.

I think it would be cool to add to find posts with pictures in them.

Also is a build thread really spinning some bolts and twisting some wires together, which are what ebike kits are whether people buy plug and play kits or build it piece meal. I have always been more interested in the real fabricators, even if all they did was make a fancy clamping torque arm all the way down to custom fabricated frames. Real easy to find those build threads by using the adv es search function by searching by users name.
I do search for posts by user all the time, on a daily basis even for their new posts. Now I dont go into adv search and type in their name, I just find a post by them, click on their name and click on "search users posts"

neptronix said:
j bjork said:
But I still think it should be optionally.

Things like that will never be required, but are good practice :)

I've been accused of being a shill for saying where my kit and battery is from in my signature, so I removed it...

Then, I was accused of hiding that I was a shill, because I write articles for electricbike.com, and there was no disclaimer in my signature.

That's a tough one. I noticed early on that your sig had the disclaimer. I thought that was pretty cool and appreciated the open disclosure. I also think it gives your reviews more credibility rather than less.

Not that you need my opinion but I think more disclosure is better than less.

This site is owned by an ebike vendor and everyone is ok with it because they are forthcoming with that info and don't appear to let it influence the content in a negative way. I think its a great way of handling it.

by spinningmagnets » Sep 08 2021 12:30pm

I've been accused of being a shill for saying where my kit and battery is from in my signature, so I removed it...

Then, I was accused of hiding that I was a shill, because I write articles for electricbike.com, and there was no disclaimer in my signature.
Sorry to hear that you gave in. Must be flexible high profile position. The majority would want to know what you ride and where you purchased your parts at. Guess if it's a complete sales pitch you could have a link to the "For Sale New" section.

I would encourage people to link to their builds and what parts and where they came from. Should not be such a deep dig for information on this site. I push what I ride, just a matter of time before everyone rides a trike. 8)

Not going to make everyone happy.

I have attended several Interbike conventions before they closed down, so I have had the privilege of test riding a lot of models.

I have a junkyard dog Ebike, with a 1500W Direct Drive rear hub, using 2600W. 52V x 50A. Ugly and fast.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=74899&start=25#p1134408

The bike I ride the most is an aluminum Electra Lux Fat 7D beach cruiser with a 52V BBSHD, an NCX suspension seat post, and 3-inch wide "mid fat" street tires.

Other than the seat post, the best upgrade was a smaller chainring. Super hill-climbing torque...

https://electricbike.com/forum/foru...ng-directions/9435-electra-lux-fat-with-bbshd

markz said:
Hmmmm so you want more views on your Youtube channel :wink:
Just kidding, your not flogging it

skeetab5780 said:
Bump just so you can click my signature links :)

Ya I need some more Ramen noodles for dinner! Google Adsense revenue is strong!

Well all one can hope is that you don't make your video thumbnail pictures a stupid goofy facial pic, or beg for viewership, "Likes", clicking/smashing the "Bell icon" and making a comment, I absolutely hate when youtubers beg. I don't even log in to my youtube account, I only signed up to make a few comments 10 yrs ago. The new thing with certain youtubers, is to re-upload old video's and pawn it off like its something new, that is just sneaky BS.

skeetab5780 said:
markz said:

skeetab5780 said:

markz said:
Well all one can hope is that you don't make your video thumbnail pictures a stupid goofy facial pic, or beg for viewership, "Likes", clicking/smashing the "Bell icon" and making a comment, I absolutely hate when youtubers beg. I don't even log in to my youtube account, I only signed up to make a few comments 10 yrs ago. The new thing with certain youtubers, is to re-upload old video's and pawn it off like its something new, that is just sneaky BS.

skeetab5780 said:
markz said:

skeetab5780 said:

I must have gotten a good 5 views out of this already! Things are looking up today

Well you are moving up in the Youtube world.

Another thing I was going to add is people clip small video snippets out of bigger interviews.
I assume to get paid more for clicks and put out more interesting sounds bites then listening to a full long video. Joe Rogan does it, but also Howard Stern and countless others.

skeetab5780 said:
I must have gotten a good 5 views out of this already! Things are looking up today

think this sums it up well :mrgreen:
DanGT86 said:
Absolutely Yes

A lot of times I don't remember where I saw something but remember who built it. Seeing more of someone's projects gives you a better idea of who you are talking to. Its easier to make suggestions or get tech support from someone when you can see an overall idea of their skill level and experience.
not a great fan of you tube anymore , adverts annoying prefer ES :es: :thumb:

...do yourself a favour and access the Tube using 'Brave' browser. This strips out all the ads and makes Youtube a much more bearable experience :wink:

The problem is the goofs making the video are putting ads inside their video as apart of their footage, so you are forced to watch them or fast forward. They do it in a sneaky bastard-like manner and its annoying.

AdBlocker works well as apart of the Mozilla extensions.
But how do you get that on a television with Youtube feature being used?

geofft said:

...do yourself a favour and access the Tube using 'Brave' browser. This strips out all the ads and makes Youtube a much more bearable experience :wink:

Right after this thread i started to realize the two 12 second non skippable ads becoming the new norm on youtube and i have to agree this is getting ridiculous. But then again youtube is free

Back