• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Imax B6 problems

LHelge

10 mW
When I charge my LiPo-batteries I like to keep an eye on them and yesterday I was leaving in a hurry and aborted the charge on my Imax B6. Doing this I forgot to stop the charge before pulling the plug on the battery. The charger gave me some beeps and displayed a connection failure message. When I got back and were going to resume the charge there were some problems. When charging is about to start the display flickers, charger reboots displaying the welcome message and returning to the main menu.

Anyone seen this problem before, and maybee knows if it's possible to fix?

I will take the charger apart tonight and look for components where the magic smoke have escaped, havn't done that yet.

I have Turnigy Accucell-6, and I've unplugged batteries from it whout stopping charge on a number of occasions, it even got plugged out of power few times while charging, but no harm has been done.

I bought 2.

One smoked when I powered it up with no battery connected.

Opened it up and the ic near the temp port was cooking.

I have switched to this brand.

http://hyperion-world.com/products/type/15

I've done the same thing before on multiple occations without any problems. I've ordered a turnigy charger for balancing and a bulk charger from BMS-battery. Let's hope I can fix the Imax so I can balance two packs at the time.

Will get back to you if i find the problem and manage to fix it.

Back