Instant Start 18 fet Infineon Boards are here...

Thanks - what kind of magic did you use to make that appear :?
Am I being dense?
I thought it was just a few posts back but I dont see it.

-methods

Ok - Translations.

I sent them out to 2 people.
For starters I sent the Software Instruction PDF and a screen shot.

I did not realize that the screen shot of the software was babble... ASCII characters over 128 are not being displayed so I cant get that translated.
I will open the EXE up and extract the raw ASCII, convert it to characters, then have my friend translate them.

I had the instruction manual translated by my friend and... well..... it did not come out so hot :?
He can do word for word translation but the concepts get mangled. No good.

The professional translator did the first few sentences then tried to gouge me! Asked for $25/page!
Normally she charges $35/hour and she has to sit there and be involved. No way am I paying more for less.
I will find a different translator. In this economy people are hungry. I know there are people sitting around in need who would bend over backward at the opportunity to make some money for simple, short, translations in their free time.

Keywin is playing silent. I am getting pissed with him and I am considering buying my next batch from Kenny.
The key to good business in the USA is communication. Lately Keywin has answered about 1 out of 10 of my emails.
He also failed to come through with the translated software.
The least he could have done would have been to just tell me what each field of the Mandarin software meant.
Maybe that is why he charges 1/4 the price of other people :roll:

-methods

How to get your computer to display Chinese Characters

This is the new 18 fet Instant Start software btw.

If you run the software before it has been translated you come up with garbage:

View attachment 2

If you go into your regional settings you can tell your computer how to handle non-unicode characters.
There are 5 different types of Chinese. The one I chose looks like this:

SoftwareTranslateScreenshot.jpg

Ok, now you can show it to your friend down at the market and have him translate it.
If you want to have your hand at it, then you open the exe in a hex editor

Clipboard01.jpg

Most likely you will have to tell your hex editor to display ALL characters as it will assume that ASCII characters over 128 are garbage.
Once you have the exe in a hex editor you will be able to see a mix of English, Data, and Chinese. You can then take the Chinese and copy-n-paste that into Google Translate.

(or just wait for your friend to translate it :roll: )

-methods

methods said:
How to get your computer to display Chinese Characters

This is the new 18 fet Instant Start software btw.

If you run the software before it has been translated you come up with garbage:

View attachment 2

If you go into your regional settings you can tell your computer how to handle non-unicode characters.
There are 5 different types of Chinese. The one I chose looks like this:

View attachment 1

Ok, now you can show it to your friend down at the market and have him translate it.
If you want to have your hand at it, then you open the exe in a hex editor

Most likely you will have to tell your hex editor to display ALL characters as it will assume that ASCII characters over 128 are garbage.
Once you have the exe in a hex editor you will be able to see a mix of English, Data, and Chinese. You can then take the Chinese and copy-n-paste that into Google Translate.

(or just wait for your friend to translate it :roll: )

-methods

I hope someone out there in this forum can translate this for us!

-steveo

maybe Victoria from Headway :| ?

is it similar to thisone?

file.php

Yes, similar.. But note that there are MANY more options!

I have good news... I have been doing some translating and cross referencing...

I found this ->
"Afterburner Acceleration"

To me, that sounds like a 3 stage current limit - Economy mode, normal mode, and Power mode.

That would also explain this!
http://www.crystalyte.com/
3_speed_kit.jpg

I sent the software screen shot off for translation. I hope the dialect I chose is correct!

Anything that the Crystalyte controllers can do we can do.
If we can just get Kenny to document his controllers, that will be like 80% of the work!

I am considering paying the $150 for 5 hours and having this translator sit down with the manufacturer website to translate it once and for all. The automatic translators just dont work good enough... They also wont translate pictures which is maddening.

-methods

Anybody got some of those $40 instant start boards for sale?

Bryan

methods said:
Ok, I sent the software off to 2 different translators.
One is a friend of mine and the other is a paid professional translator.
For starters I sent a screen shot and the instruction manual.

I dug through the software folder and found the upload files!
Unfortunately they only have examples for 6, 9, 12 fet but I bet there will still be a setting for 18 fet.

Good news > ?? There are way more settings!

NEW SOFTWARE CHOICES
3:EB212
1:Ñ­»·ÃŠ½ÃˆÃ½Ã‹Ã™¶Ãˆ
1:ֻÓл¬ÃÃÃÃ”ʾ£¨¼Ã™µÃ„£©
1:¹²Ã’õ
0:ÆÕͨ
1:¸ÃŸµÃ§Ã†½
0:ÎÞ
0:¼Ã™µÃ„
0:Ѳº½Ã–¸ÃŠ¾
2:¼Ã¦ÃˆÃ

OLD SOFTWARE CHOICES
1:EB806
0:Switch Mode
1:Only fake Indicate
1:Comm GND

SWEET!!!

I will have a translated screenshot up ASAP.

-methods

PM me if you guys ever need to translate anything from Chinese to English since I am a Chinese American who is also a hardcore fan on ebikes & scooters. :)

lyen said:
methods said:

Unfortunately they only have examples for 6, 9, 12 fet but I bet there will still be a setting for 18 fet.

NEW SOFTWARE CHOICES

OLD SOFTWARE CHOICES

SWEET!!!

-methods

PM me if you guys ever need to translate anything from Chinese to English since I am a Chinese American who also has visited Keywin in person. :)

Could you translate the 3 post at the top of this page by methods showing the screen shoots of the software? Would be much appreciated :)

-steveo

lyen said:
PM me a link to download the software in Chinese version. I can translate that for you since I am a Chinese American. :)

You will be a hero to all of us! Thank you for your time and your help!

Best wishes,
-Luke

OOPS!

My translator informed me that I chose the wrong font set for the software screen.
He has suggested a better font set and we are going to work on it tonight.

I am going to release the kits tomorrow as well.

-methods

steveo said:
lyen said:
methods said:

NEW SOFTWARE CHOICES

OLD SOFTWARE CHOICES

SWEET!!!

-methods

PM me if you guys ever need to translate anything from Chinese to English since I am a Chinese American who also has visited Keywin in person. :)

Could you translate the 3 post at the top of this page by methods showing the screen shoots of the software? Would be much appreciated :)

-steveo

The characters post above are corrupted codes and not the actual Chinese characters. Therefore, I will have to install the software and let you guys know. :)

methods said:
lyen said:
PM me a link to download the software in Chinese version. I can translate that for you since I am a Chinese American. :)

Anything you can teach us about this would be wonderful
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=22963

Most importantly we just need to know what the field titles are on the software screen shot.

Thanks,
-methods

There are only two installable programs in the zipped file. However, both programs prompted to insert a disk (I assumed a floppy disk) with a Chinese file. So currently it is not installable without the needed files. I appreciate if you can provide the whole set of program(s). I meant a completed program(s). It would also be best to rip the disk image as .IMG or .ISO Thanks!

The software was downloaded from this location:

http://66.196.80.202/babelfish/translate_url_content?.intl=us&lp=zh_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.xie-chang.cn%2fadministrator%2fupload%2f2009328122310362.rar

The main website is here:
http://www.xie-chang.cn/cn/product_read_kzq.asp?id=117

You can navigate to the software under one of tabs at the top of the main page.

I wish I could help more.....

Doc found the website and talks about it in thisthread. He calls out the correct chip.

When I tried to install the software is twas looking for a .cab The file was there but the problem was that the Chinese characters created an invalid path for the English computer.

btw: I have been informed that I can use NJ Star to run the Chinese program on my English PC and come out with the correct Chinese characters.

Thanks for your help!
-methods

Here you go guys. It took me several hours to understand exactly what the software does. It is actually a program to adjust parameters of a super duper controller that act like a car computer. Methods, since we live in the Bay Area perhaps we can make friends and meet together with other members in the San Francisco Bay Area and show off our ebike stuff in person one day. :)

Below are the marked items with explanation. The item box between item 2 & 3 is the hide button to show/hide the options on the right side from item 8 to 31. Anyway, let me know if you guys have any questions.
xiechangtranslation.jpg

1. Open document/file
2. Save document/file
3. Open path
4. Save path
5. Port select (1-5)
6. Start transfer
7. Transfer status
8. Chipset/Board type selection (1. EB206, 2. EB209, 3. EB212, 4. EB218)
9. Current, voltage settings
10. Phase Current (amp): (from 30 to 135)
11. Rated/Average current (amp): (from 7.0 to 57.0)
12. Low voltage limit: (from 21.1 to 53.0)
13. Voltage tolerance: (0.1 to 4.0)
14. Voltage limit for regenerative braking: (55,60,75)
15. Speed ratio settings
16. Limit speed ratio %: (30% to 99%)
17. 3 Speed mode: (0: On/Off type 3 speed, 1: Circulate type 3 speed)
18. Speed ratio 1%: (30-120)
19. Speed ratio 2%: (30-120)
20. Speed ratio 3%: (30-120)
21. Speed point/prompt mode: (0: Brand A, 1: Brand B, 2: Tainjin 164-P1-DAT P2-CLK)
22. Inverse speed %: (30,40,50)
23. Time & Other settings
24. Block time in second: (1.0 to 10.0)
25. Automatic Cruise time in second: (1.0 to 15.0)
26. Slip regenerative recharge mode: (0: at 15 and up (real), 1: only smooth run display (fake)
27. Electronic brake strength level: (0: normal, 1: strong, 2: very strong)
28. Security power level: (0: low, 1: high)
29. In motion speed: (0: none, 1: include)
30. 1+1 Assist power choice: (0: fake, 1: real)
31. P3 usage: (0: Cruise instruction, 1: voice/language)

You are awesome Mr. Lyen! Thank you so much!!!

Great Job Lyen! Thanks!

I almost finished my controller assemble yesterday. i'll test it today or tomorrow with basic features .. then i'll use the programmer.

-I added two more shunt (from the old soft start controller ( it now have 6)
-Installed heavy car audio gauge 8 wire for power in
-finally succeded to find enough room for 5 160V 1000uF caps inside with heavy cooper link ro the PCB
-I beefed the phase trace and main positive and negative traces using thick cooper plate ( should be just fine for 150A!)
-Installed 3x 1.8K resistor
- the 5302 also have double 12 gauge teflon wire on the motor... No wire heat problem!!

since i still never used one of these infineon controller i hope it work fine!
I still have in backup the crystalyte 18 fets controller.. ( i also used it to find the solder location of all signal wires, throttle, hall, cycle analyst etc..)

I hope it will work like i wich to!!

Doc

Thanks Lyen
Very good work! Just some slight changes from my side:
12. Low voltage limit:
14. Voltage limit for regenerativ braking:

lyen said:
Methods, since we live in the Bay Area perhaps we can make friends and meet together with other members in the San Francisco Bay Area and show off our ebike stuff in person one day. :)

Dude - You just did in a few hours what I have been trying to do for days!
You have just been promoted to Superbadass in my book. Thank you very much for helping. This puts us one step closer. :p

Sure we can meet up. Anyone else reading this can meet up with us to.

Lyen - If you would like to continue to help with this project - translating from time to time on ebike related topics - your help would be amazingly valuable. We are crippled by a language barrier and it impedes us every step of the way.

So... Did you get that software to install on an English Windows computer?
Did you use one of these special programs like NJ Star?
I am releasing the kits today and if I could at least install the program and prove that it will actually flash a chip then I would feel a lot better. My worst nightmare would be shipping out 30 "programmable" controllers only to find out they cant be programmed. :shock:

So, when you have time, could you give us a few tips on how you got the program to install?

Everyone - lets thank Lyen!

-methods

SAM-Pilot said:
Thanks Lyen
Very good work! Just some slight changes from my side:
12. Low voltage limit:
14. Voltage limit for regenerativ braking:

WHoa! Hey, that's a really nice catch!
Knuckles - how do you like that? Adjustable max regen voltage!
Nice nice nice!

This is why it is so important for all of us to work together on these things - we all bring a different skill set and background. No way would one of the translators off the street be able to interpret what the functions were supposed to be. Thanks a lot for the help guys.

I am going to try to get this software fired up on my computer... Just have to figure out how to get it to run :?

-methods

One of our big end goals is to have a controller that will work over a wide range of voltage without swapping resistors.

SAM-Pilot has been working behind the scenes on understanding the 12V regulator circuit.
He took a really nice crack at calculating the range of voltages we could use with a given set of resistors by back calculating all the currents.
He did these calculations using nothing but screen shots of the PCB that he collected from different threads, which makes his analysis that much more impressive and work intensive. I need to send him a controller so he can actually get some part numbers and do some measurements.

I am trying to convince him to share with us the hard work he has done so far.

-methods

Back