Interbike 2015, Las Vegas, Sept 14-18

WHEW!!...met dogman dan IRL, awesome guy to chill with. Can't stop smiling, the future of electric bikes is VERY bright...legs killing me, I walked about ten miles. Will post pics soon...

Here's a food tip. The buffets from the Luxor and Excalibur have a deal. Unlimited food and beverages from 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM for $36 per person. The Luxor is next to the Mandalay, so it would be easy to get lunch there. The pass grants access to both buffets, so you can go back and forth...

I wish they had a BBS03 with a shift and torque sensor. Actually just a torque sensor is ok as there are rear geared-hubs that can shift under power.

Hey all, I'm here at interbike with 3 new bikes! I'll be walking the floors on Wednesday. If any of you are here and wanna meet, msg me! I'd love to get your feedback on our bikes!

roshan said:
Hey all, I'm here at interbike with 3 new bikes! I'll be walking the floors on Wednesday. If any of you are here and wanna meet, msg me! I'd love to get your feedback on our bikes!
BOOO! your not staying till I get there I heard! come on! ride with us at least Thursday night! why you need to go to Florida in a hurry! :twisted:

spinningmagnets said:
WHEW!!...met dogman dan IRL, awesome guy to chill with. Can't stop smiling, the future of electric bikes is VERY bright...legs killing me, I walked about ten miles. Will post pics soon...

Did you get to see Paul from em3ev in booth 6027?

I'm dying to see pictures of the the two new motors he is displaying....

http://em3ev.com/store/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=8

Kudos

Come and visit us at boot 10012 Nyx and Adaptto !!
About 15 sec walk from boot 6027 from em3ev.
Doc

Monday was pretty warm, especially after lunch (100F?), Tues was very comfortable in the morning, and by lunch it was clouded over, with a few light sprinkles. Its funny, any other convention and after the first few drops, everybody would go home. With the bicyclists? the light rain didn't slow any of them down.

This pic was taken around 1:00 PM (just after lunchtime) when I was inside the bus headed back to the Mandalay hotel. The vertical flags in the center are the booths for the Interbike vendors. It never rained hard, just a light occasional on and off sprinkle.

2015-09-15 15.40.33.jpg

Lots of booth reps to describe the component features. This product is...(squints to read shirts)...http://www.gauswheel.com/

2015-09-15 15.33.23.jpg

The most busy booth all day was for Scott. Both road bikes and off-road.

View attachment 1

I have a lot of pics of factory ebikes, but...nothing really new at the outdoor demo.

Hehe... Amusing seeing Hungarian designed GausWheel with a second tiny wheel in the design. From their site:
We highly recommend to use the following protective gear, when you are riding your GausWheel: Core Saver Suit, Full Face Helmet, Elbow Pads, Pads, Compound Gloves, Back Protectors, Spine Guards, Wrist Guards, Mouthguard.

Comments on AU GIZMODO site from 2011 fun too:
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/09/the-gauswheel-isnt-quite-a-unicycle-or-a-scooter/

And yah. Clearer shot of Booth Babe t-shirts mighta been nice.

For anyone coming back from Interbike that ends up going thru Phoenix, AZ, it looks like my schedule this week is as predicted, so I'll be working from just after midday (leaving the house around 1pm) thru 10pm (getting home around 1030pm) on the next four days.

Will be up and around in the morning, though, free other than around 10am-1030am for Tiny's feeding/meds time.

So if you're leaving the show before the end of the week, and want to drop by, you'd want to time your arrival in Phoenix for morning or late night on Wed, Thur, Fri, or Sat.

Will be off the whole next week, though, so will probably be around for anyone coming home after the whole show....

Hey guys,

Mikebikerad is leaving Thursday morning. Does anyone want to go for a night ride Wednesday with us?

We are with Rad Power Bikes at 7063 and the test track, come check us out!

So, anyone seen this new heavy duty 1000W Bafang crank drive there yet?

lantice13 said:
Ade said:
So, anyone seen this new heavy duty 1000W Bafang crank drive there yet?
does bafang/8fun even have a booth? :?:

I think I read that the lectric cycle guys were going to be there showing the motor off on a FS bike they'd put together.

Edit - just checked again and Chris from Lectric cycles said they will be showing off this at Interbike; http://electricbikereview.com/community/threads/new-ebr-review-e-rad-bafang-lectric-cycles.2341/page-2#post-33741

spinningmagnets said:
Yeah, Lectric Cycles had one bike with the Bafang 1000W, rode it, want one...they are going to sell a metric $h!t-ton of those.

Cool. Any more subjective info?

LAS VEGAS, Nevada; SANTA CLARA, Calif., Sept. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Biomega, a premium urban bicycle brand from Denmark, announces the opening of a U.S. office in Silicon Valley. The company's new OKO electric bicycle will be unveiled at Interbike, the largest bicycle show in North America on September 16-18, 2015 at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas. Visit Biomega in booth 4067.

Biomega bicycles feature perfect aesthetics and world-class quality by some of the best designers including Ross Lovegrove, Apple designer Marc Newson, and Karim Rashid. The OKO is designed by the Danish design group KiBiSi, which includes work by architect Bjarke Ingels.

As the company's first electric bicycle, the OKO is expected to become an instant icon due to its superb design, integrated motor and new frame technology.

All Biomega bicycles incorporate internal gear hubs and Gates Carbon Belt Drive for clean, efficient operation. Biomega bicycles can be ordered at http://www.biomega.com/#!/news and soon in select bicycle stores.

BIOMEGA PHILOSOPHY
"Biomega is our attempt at getting people out of their cars and on bicycles. Why are cars the preferred mode of transportation in 99% of all major cities? Functionality cannot be the answer, as bicycles are superior in nearly every way thinkable. Cars are just a cultural choice of expression. When bicycles are able to address individual urban needs like simplicity, durability, serenity... they can begin to re-conquer cities once again," stated Jens Martin Skibsted, founder of Biomega.

"From cargo bikes to slick single speeds, Biomega is known for its streamlined designs that pack a lot of punch. The brand has enlisted the likes of Ross Lovegrove, Apple designer Marc Newson, and Karim Rashid to draft models in the past, underlining its dedication to premium design and functionality alike," wrote Natalia Rachlin in Architectural Digest.

View the entire line here: http://issuu.com/biomegabikes/docs/catalouge_58918f9057909c

ABOUT BIOMEGA
Jens Martin Skibsted launched the company in 1998. Inspired by the modernist architecture he saw on a trip to Barcelona in 1991. From the start, Skibsted knew that he didn't want to work with designers from the bike world, because he felt they'd be too conventional. He wanted product designers like Marc Newson, Australian-born, London-based, whose creations are influenced by the plastic furniture of the '60s and '70s.
Douglas Schwartz, Biomega US
Doug@biomegaus.com
408-246-3749

(ES Search found 5 matches: +Biomega? Hmmmmm...)

spinningmagnets said:
Yeah, Lectric Cycles had one bike with the Bafang 1000W, rode it, want one...they are going to sell a metric $h!t-ton of those.
Why? What is different about it than their 750 watt? I will want it when it has a torque-sensor for Bosche-quality PAS.

The 250W-500W BBS01 at last report has 6 FETs, the 750W BBS02 started out with 6 generic FETs, and last year moved up to 9 FETs to help with the controller heat issues that were the biggest problem with this family of drives. Recently, Paul/cell_man from EM3EV.com special-ordered a batch of the popular 750W units made up with the efficient and cool-running 3077 FET (which he provided). As expected from his experience with Xie Chang controllers, the 3077 FETs provided a dramatic improvement in heat-per-watt used.

The new "so called" 1000W BBS-HD uses 12 FETs (which I hope are the 3077's), and the motor is visually about 20% larger. As far as the larger motor is concerned, we wont know the exact dimensions until someone here gets one and opens it up.

As to the speed-sensor for pedelec mode, I am hearing that the lag in power engagement is actually a safety design feature, but Lectric Cycles and also Biktrix both have custom-programmed the firmware to virtually eliminate the lag, while still using the less-expensive speed sensor. I rode both (at the outdoor demo Mon/Tues) and I am very pleased with the feel of the custom-programmed units.

2015-09-16 10.46.34.jpg

2015-09-16 10.46.46.jpg

I will say that I don't mind my speed sensor on the V3CA. My main reason for still wanting a torque sensor is so that I can have a report of my human input to track my effort, progress with fitness, and calories burned.

And I have ridden three bikes with real torque sensors (A BionX and a Copenhaggen wheel, and a Stromer), so I do know the difference.

Here's the new "double wide" MAC. Paul said he was very pleased at how well it performed compared to a larger direct-drive hub, with the added benefit of being lighter. It still used a 5:1 reduction gear-set, so the motors' magnet speed was very high (which is good for heat and efficiency).

MACwide.png

2015-09-16 10.27.36.jpg

Ron thanks for posting the picture of the big mac. I look forward to hearing more about this one.......wayne

Back