KT Controller settings LCD 3

skoleskibe

100 mW
Hi. Im ising a xiongda doublespeed rear motor, KTcontroller LCD 3 @ 12s lipo 10ah. In a 700c aluframed Batavus Sioux.

Wonder What are your controller settings. When i turn on my controller it starts in LO, shifts to High at app 12-14kmh, buy every time i come to a stop, it starts in High, its suposed to start in LO.

My standard settings is Cruise is on. I use throttle and/or PAS

Also it does not Seem to reduce max power even though i programmed it to less than max.

What's the max voltage the controller will take?

What are your prefered settings?

Any one got any views on the correct settings for LVC for a 12s lipo setup??

Regards an old man from Denmark

Skoleskibe , I also have the KT LCD 3 controller and cannot get my head around it despite watching videos on how to configure it , especially how to keep the motor and controller cool . I will be watching your thread for answers as well .

rick :?:

There's an explanation of the KT controller settings in a thread titled something about "S12S" if you can find it, but you don't have to change anything because it has been set to the optimal settings for the Xiongda.

The motor won't start in low gear unless you set the display to "LO", which is fixed low gear. The only time it will change to low automatically is when it's in level 5 and the motor slows down due to the load, like when climbing hills. The display will show "LO", but when the motor speeds up and the load reduces, it will change back to level 5 (high speed).

Whatever level you select for PAS, opening the throttle will cause it to immediately go to level 5 and give maximum power while you're pedalling. If you stop pedalling, the throttle will work like on any other system, where the power is proportional.

Every time i switch on the bike, it starts in LO, if set in automatic. But only the first start. Subsequent starts from standstill is always in High even when in automatic mode. Might be i should try to remove the HAL switch and see if it has any influence on the logics in the display.
My display does not show High or low!

If i decide to do a reset, does it also reset the odometer?

You have the HAL switch, or are you talking about the LCD's switch that has up, down and power?

I do have the HAL switch, throttle and PAS sensor. I do not see any option in the settings regarding the HAL switch or the gearshifting.

The HAL switch is part of the controller rather than the LCD, so wouldn't have thought that there would be any settings for the way it behaves.

My KT controller doesn't have the HAL switch, so the logic must be different. My low gear is automatic in level 5 or can be manually set by selecting level 6 ("LO").

If you want to start in low gear, why don't you just select "L" on the HAL switch?

Just nit picking perhaps, but A in HAL indicates automatic.
I ofrene use the manual L settings when need be, eg. crossing roads in heavy trafic. But then i have to switch to H or A, not exactly automatic in my book. Otherwise its a cleaver bit of Engineering.

When/if i decide to reset the controller, does anyone know if the odometer also resets, and if so there is some way to reset the odometer to the correct amount afrerwards?
Regards

Found the fault, just retard the connectors between controller and motor 1-2 mm when assembling, and the shifting Works a treat. Yiihaa

Back