Last of the snow melts in WI heatwave

Russell

1 MW
Yes I got back from a ride today and snapped this picture of the last bit of dirty snow in the parking lot melting in 80 degree (27C) temps. That's quite warm for this time of year in Wisconsin and there were lots of people out riding their bikes even in the middle of a week day.

Snow 005.jpg

-R

You must be from up north. The snow down here (Janesville) has been gone for weeks. That must be where the snow plows stack it.

I live in Waukesha, not all that much further north than you, but yeah that's a shaded area where the plows had piled it high. Of course it's not all that unusual to still see snow lingering this time of year. Last year was an especially chilly spring when I remember it hung around into late-April in low lying areas along a bike path I rode in Ozaukee County (close to frigid Lake Michigan). To be fair only a few days ago (Mar 29th) we had a high here in the mid-40's but it was funny to see the snow persist with the temperature hitting 80 degrees and still see it the next day (yesterday) when I went for a ride. It's gone now for another year and that's fine by me...though there was that time when I was a kid where I recall having a SNOW DAY in April (1973) when we unexpectedly got a FOOT of the stuff!

-R

Back