LiFePO4 26650 cells, are these good for high powered ebike battery build?

on sale with tons of 18650 at jag35.com i was wondering if anyone had any experience, this battery he made out of 32 of these took out a 3000w inverter with a 2000w heater on full blast so i figured if it fits it might be a fast charger.....

That's true. It's nice that it's a safer chemistry as well, though. Especially when buying used/reclaimed cells like those two sites sell. Keeping packs of used cells balanced is more difficult.

these seem the best available for the cost. Almost the highest capacity. Not as powerful as many other lifepo4 though.

Lifepo4 has a nice straight discharge curve and isn’t reducing voltage as it discharges. It keeps consistent voltage and therefore power and speed all the way until empty. Much nicer performance in that way than other chemistry

When it’s on ur bike u don’t have to carry it

They can be fully discharged (by mistake) and be revived and good for Diy klutzes.

They don’t give a burst max current rating which is worth knowing but I guess can be assumed to some degree based on other similar stat lifepo4 cells

Last edited:
5 bucks a pop if theres 4 bad ones in the lot u just paid for one new one, buy new ones at 15-20 each instead? havent had any bad luck with reclaimed cells, just know what your getting and don't expect low current cells to do anything more than that, these are high current cells that can melt anything with minimal effort and are also easy to assemble bus bars with screws. ill pick up a few next week and give a in hands feedback on it..
but
USED HEADWAY 38120 HP 3.2V 8AH LIFEPO4 BATTERY
are not 26650 cells theyre big coke can looking things....
names are confusing the 26650 is 26mm wide by 65mm tall and the 38120 is 120 mm tall by 38mm wide

Last edited:
My preference would be the 26650 smaller size than the maybe questionable quality bigger headway but even the smaller wouldn’t give the power I’d need. I imagine the headway could give huge power regardless of their state of use
But sounds like u know what ur doing and what u want already

yeah i kinda like doing stuff that green in return makes the planet better, im gonna need a bunch more batteries anywaYS and its ridiculous how little snow we got here in ct this year, tell me global warming aint real.....
i absolutely agree that new is more reliable and fail proof but even a battery thats lived up its life on a high discharge plane can still power some flashlights later down the road. and i like those headways for big subwoofer applications too but i think next ill be seeing who wants to go in on a auction for some second hand ev cells by the pallet....

Last edited:
Back