LightningRods mid drive kit

Can I get the shots as perfectly flat from the side as possible please? The camera perspective in these shots makes them impossible to work with. Farther away with a telephoto lens will give less perspective.

I'm sorry Mike. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I get excited about something. I've been planning different ways to use your motor on my cargo bike since I first ordered. Forgive my excitement and anxiousness.

If I am looking at this correctly, in the BD kit you have changed the way the chain in the secondary sprocket drives the crank. Would you gain more torque or speed in this manner?

Also can you direct me to a post or site where I can learn all the parts to your kit on its primary and secondary side. I want to learn all about your motor but don't know how to ask the questions without calling this thingy and that thingy. I saw on the internet where your motor is displayed on its primary and secondary side with certain parts with names but don't know if that is an official picture due to it not being posted here or in Electricbike.com.

That's the view I need but higher resolution. I only need the area from the seat post to rear wheel and lower frame member to upper in that section.

Are you not in the same location as the bike?

HI guys this is Eric from Lunacycle.com and electricbike.com

we have our new store up and yes we will be proud if we can offer Mikes drive systems there, and are very proud he is building this awesome drive system specifically for our bike.

I wouldn't mind installing the drive system onto the frame and sending it to the customer of the customer orders both.

Just today we received all the parts to offer every part the customer needs to build the bike..

When we put the frame on the website the customer can order which parts they want.

Eventually we could offer turn key solutions...but i am not sure i want to offer for sale a bad ass big block lightning rod powered bike to the pubic. LIghtning rods may want to...i have no problem sending him kits over if he wants to build them with this motor and uleash them on the public but i know he is swamped as it is.

it has been a process for me sourcing all the parts i need for this bike. The hardest by far was the battery because we all know sourcing a turn key battery pack is very expensive even for someone like me who was buying 10 packs at a time.

Well as you can see from lunacycle.com we now have multiple battery options for sale with the 25r cell which are both quality, powerful, with 50amp continous bms and affordable. Many of these packs were designed to fit this bike and because i had to have large volume to get the prices i did I also had some made to sale to the general public. The site Lunacycle.com was made when i realized how overpriced ebike components from asia can be when buying from vendors here in the usa....and i think they should be much lower.

I had a battery build specifically for the big block and for people who want insane speed and range...and it is the 60v 25ah monster pack..... it has a 100amp bms that allows 200amp 20 second bursts....to make it possible to put out 12,000 watts. We will also be selling since wave controllers that can put out that kind of power and that will be configured to run with the LR motor. IT also fits perfectly in the luna cycle battery box. To warn you guys i only have 8 of these and i am putting the add up live today.

I already have all this stuff in stock...i just need to get it up on the website....the website is less than 2 weeks old. You can still order frame kits from me by messaging me.... For some reason its really hard for me to do product advertisements. :( I have been really good at buying stuff all these years but not selling stuff.

This year i am devoting myself to become a seller for once. And i am excited about offering american products made by americans like the LR kit and my luna cycle bike....mixed with AFFORDABLE asian components. For example a ebike throttle from asia shouldnt be costing over 10 bucks here in the usa.....they cost 3 bucks in asia and are easy as hell to ship. I have seen them as high as 35 bucks from reputable ebike vendors. Eventually i will have everything in my store and mark up is going to be minimal.

First, congratulations on your new endeavor.

When we order our battery, and other products (satiator) from you. If we mention we are using your products with the LR kit will you know what connectors we will have in order to plug and play so to speak. (excuse my layman terms. I have not memorized the ES DIY vocabulary yet).

Again, I say congratulations. Also, Thank you for your website Electricbike.com.

Nelson Olivo.

No Mike. I am at work and the bike is parked at the garage. These are pictures that I took of the bike previously for some other project I was working on. I will take the pictures tonight and send them to you via this medium. The other picture I got from the internet.

I will post them tonight.

/var/folders/_b/1l6936y14c1bsvvgx8y_hkfm0000gn/T/com.apple.mail/com.apple.mail.drag/IMG_0426.JPG/var/folders/_b/1l6936y14c1bsvvgx8y_hkfm0000gn/T/com.apple.mail/com.apple.mail.drag-T0x7fa714008a50.tmp.e5wKcK/IMG_0425.JPG/var/folders/_b/1l6936y14c1bsvvgx8y_hkfm0000gn/T/com.apple.mail/com.apple.mail.drag-T0x7fa714008a50.tmp.VOWHc6/IMG_0423.JPG
Hello Mike. Are these pictures ok. It took me a long time to figure out this IOS platform. I am used to Windows at work.

Nelsjourney said:
First, congratulations on your new endeavor.

When we order our battery, and other products (satiator) from you. If we mention we are using your products with the LR kit will you know what connectors we will have in order to plug and play so to speak. (excuse my layman terms. I have not memorized the ES DIY vocabulary yet).

Again, I say congratulations. Also, Thank you for your website Electricbike.com.

Nelson Olivo.

Thanks so much for the kind words.

Thanks for mentioning this question because i have gotten this question several times...we use xt90-s spark resistor connectors on all our battery packs (female connector) with aobout 4 inches of slack wire..... and provide a male connector counterpart with pigtails so that the user can quickly connect them to whatever setup they are using.

You need to take that male connector and connect it to whatever length of wire you are using (every user will be different) and then connect that wire to your controllers battery-in-wires using crimpers or solder.

I could provide male connectors xt90s to lightning rods if he wants them to connect for the kit buyers...but usually its up to the ebike builder to run his own wiring since the wire lengths is always gonna differ from build to build. IF you guys are going to get into this hobby you are definitely gonna need to invest in a good set of crimpers and crimps or learn how to solder....thats a big part of it.....and getting your wiring to look neat and tidy is no easy endeaver....i plan to offer all of these tools and wring neateners in the future....

I am trying to find a frame that offers typical downhill suspension, but almost everyone of them has the S bend and that suggests the LR kit would be pushed lower to the ground which I would like to avoid.

So that I don't derail this thread, is there a thread dedicated to frames that suit?

I'd be happy with a new DH bike if it were suitable it would be my first choice up to around $2.5k. I'm not concerned about battery space as I know it isn't too hard to mount to the dual crown forks. I like the idea of the front pack stopping wheelies too..

The Raptor looks too big,

does anyone think the Big block would easily mate with that very heavy but cheap

11701155_416323828551529_6885360015164829399_n.jpg

11709562_416323858551526_650340933637462341_n.jpg

Denzel http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Denzel-Sparts-Frame-Set/32396377346.html ?

Is that pivot in the way?

Nice primary.... do you you have a license for that weapon?

I've been so busy haven't had a chance to ride in 2 weeks (well except for 2 trials rides). I'm leaving tomorrow to go to the WTC in RI, chill with pops in the blacksmith shop, fly slope gliders and kite (oh and work, ugh). Crazy thing is, I already just want to get back to Hawaii and my B2G2... I dream about that thing, it's getting creepy.

Keep up the good work Mike!

I wrote to Qulbix and they responded the next day. I wrote to Motoped months ago and they still haven't responded. I had a customer who lived near their facility. He couldn't get ahold of them either so he gave up and bought a Qulbix.

From what I've heard the Motoped is much heavier than the Qulbix Raptor. Like 100 lbs without motor or batteries. Recumbence did an electric conversion on one and used TWO Astro 3220s to provide enough thrust. It's designed to run a 125cc four stroke motorcycle engine.

scorpionice said:
how about Motoped with big block. ;)

Mike has done an amazing job of getting so many specific non-generic build kits built and put together in such a short time!! (Reference: Qulbix, Luna, & Big Dummy.)

But Mike your next kit build has to be the Motoped
We need a Lightning Rod's build of this Davinci build:

https://www.electricbike.com/matts-twin-astro-motoped/

Motoped12.png

The best part of the Motoped is how the drive chain pivots off the rear swing arm's jackshaft, unlike the Qulbix kit, so the Motoped is similar to a motorcycle drivetrain; does not require a chain tensioner. (similar to the stealth bomber.
Motoped1.png

You can see how the chain pivot is not the same as the rear swing arm pivot on the QulBix 140:
DSC_0363.jpg

The Stealth Bomber's proprietary internal geared transmission allows the chain and swing arm to be on the same pivot:
stealth-electric-bikes-bomber-2.jpg

Driveless said:
The best part of the Motoped is how the drive chain pivots off the rear swing arm's jackshaft, unlike the Qulbix kit, so the Motoped is similar to a motorcycle drivetrain; does not require a chain tensioner.

I absolutely agree with you. The best part of the Motoped is having the final drive jackshaft inside of the swingarm pivot. It's better than a motorcycle actually because they typically just try to place the countershaft drive sprocket close to the swingarm pivot.

Matt did a great job with the e-Motoped. It looks done to me! :D

PRW said:
Mike, are you getting my emails? Please let me know (Peter Williams)
Thanks

I wrote Peter to tell him that his mid drive is done. Peter, I have not been getting any e-mail from you.

Back