Longheng Controller - Throttle questions 5V?

nioko

100 W
Hello Everyone

I have bought a Longheng Controller from hercolor_ca:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/36V-350W-Brushless-Motor-Controller-for-Hall-eBike-Bicycle-Scooter-/121651001760?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTO:US:3160

Tried to hook it up, but wasn't able to get it running. After some back and forth, got a replacement unit, but same problem. If I connect the self learning Plug, the motor spins, but if I add a throttle, it does not have any effect.
Decided to open it up, and since I couldn't decrypt the labels on the solder pads, I decided to apply some volage on those pads, one after another - voila, found one that accepts a throttle input. It's the one labeled XS, while the throttle (or what should be the throttle) was connected to ZL (I hope I remember this right, will have to check, when I'm in my workshop again).
4.JPG

Now the problem left, when I use a normal throttle (~4.2v) it will not go up to full speed, if I connect 5V to XS, it goes higher.

Does anyone know of a throttle with 5V output? Or even better, could it be that I'm on the wrong solder pad? Is there some translation for all these labels?

Cheers, Nico

I have the same controller,could you tell me which colour wires you connected up differently please.

Fixed mine now by connecting up the low brake connector to the throttle,red green and black wires blue unconnected.

Back