Looking for key switch with IP rating

nalu808

1 W
I have been trying to find a key switch with IP68 rating would be great. I can't seem to find any that mentions what rating they have. Anyone have a key switch that is at least water resistant?

On further searches i have found the RUTU key switch with IP54 rate. Anyone have a key switch with better rating than this? Looking for a 2 wire switch.

The best I found in a one minute google search for your phrase "key switch with IP68 rating" are NEMA4 on McMaster-carr under their Washdown rated keyswitches,
and IP66 on a security-system site.

There are probably lots more out there.

BTW, I used a Briggs&Stratton keyswitch salvaged off some mower (not by me so I don't know which mower) for years on various projects with no problems even in rainy weather, until I finally managed to bang into the key hard enough one too many times, and damaged the switch internals...probably didn't help it any that I had been using it for quite some time at that point as the KSI switch for a 14s (52v) controller, and I'm sure it was only rated for 12v. :oops:

Oh, and something else to note--some waterproof switches are only rated that way when no key is inserted. When a key is in it the cover is kept open so it may leak water around the key slots depending on how the key itself is made.

Back