LOw Voltage Cutout set too high cyclone

k-harvey

100 W
I have had 2 brands of controllers for my cyclone bikes , Headline ( that I Fried)& now cyclone the cyclone one , I have analized the problem as being the LVC is set too high like 20v- -tested( Battery is 24v Lifepo4) with 2 of these batteries both drive 500w internal controller real good but neither will drive the external controlled motor . With an acid battery newly charged, it does great --
--Is this why this controller was cheap & they sell on their web only kelly ones?.
I stick with cyclone for these 2 (24v)LiFePo4 batteries.
& purchased motor & controller for these batteries but I stupidly said guys here with my old stuffed int controlled motors were making
controllers for them ----- still waiting as its only chance this bike will get going unless much more money is spent (especialy freight sending it back).

Re: Cyclone kit motor problem

Postby k-harvey » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:36 pm
Seems no-one can help with this --Its a 650w-1280 cyclone not 500w motor supposed to run on 24v , Br paco says motor problem send motor back (cost heaps of freight) But am sure its LVC(also local guys reckon so)set too high for my now getting old LiFePo4 24v packs. have bought Aliexpress 500w controller to fit making sparks etc but sure I won't get anywhere .
I think my best e bike was the homebuilt one no throttle just heavy switch to brushed 450w motor even welded on freewheel to crank.
Had real grunt for the big hill & simple for fixing. Fried eggs could have been cooked on the motor untill she died. But went for many years.

I don't know the type of make of battery 15ah when i bought them(have replace 1 BMS) . I have done a test using motor under load with brake on, with voltmeter to register the volts when motor cuts out on both 500 int cont. one ---- 18v for one battery & 18.8 & wouldnt cut out at all
For 650-1280w(24v) motor cuts out at 20v.In doing this I thought I'd ruined 500w one as it seemed to go only on about 6 volts --now i;ve stuffed my best bike i thought but after thinking perhaps only the throttle & trying another --thats what it was so that 500w one is still going good.--------Perhaps i should have tried changing throttles before but the plugs etc are totally different,
I have since talked to Edward Lyen & he has lowered the LVC on a controller that he is sending to me (cost though) One thing I'm pleased about is this new controller can handle 36v for perhapss my next battery purchase .
He didn't say LVC could be lowered by the throttle change but he'd perhaps ruin a sale if he did.
I have made up a few Packs with Headway screw together cells with BMS(cost more ) & sold or given to family but I've always kept the first old ones as for testing its best to have 2 bikes with batteries the same . when i get it all going will give results as sure been a problem for Br Paco not just myself .

I just received controller from Edward Lyen with controller with LVC set at 18v goes beutifully
So cyclone 650w 24v ( not the kelly one )controllers are only good for new battery. Proof is in the piudding.

Back