Lunacycle Cargo Bike Info Request

I have put my Luna aside for working on this winter
I also have a beam ts I want to use. I'll let you know if I get it right.

1. Not using Luna forks sorry no help there

Thanks for the tip Marin, gonna look into the aux port for cycle analyst.

Cannot get the pedal assist sensor to work for now. But I still have to configure the CA V3. When looking in the setup menu, I see it gets very much into details about the battery/throttle/etc. Wrote to luna asking for the information maybe they will know what to input there (String#, Volt cutoff etc).

Also still having trouble finding the data the CA wants about the throttle/etc. Got to read up on it a little.

This thing is an absolute beast. I have to upgrade the throttle and am considering getting a better front fork/handlebar. The current setup is way too much like a bicycle whereas I seem to have built a rocket tank.

You will get better help on the cycle analyst setup from the CA thread here and from Grin directly, I think it's a bit technical also but some here find it a breeze.

Well, I've run into a roadblock with the rohloff IGH. My previous solution to bolt the torque arm to the rear axleplate ended with me bending the rear dropouts out of shape.

I bought the monkeybone but since the frame is slightly inadequate in the rear brake position (off by a few mm) the axleplate wont fit:
xPOR2zol.jpg

Is there any sliding dropout solution like the one below I could use for this bike?
Sliding-Dropouts-Closeup.jpg

My only other solution would be to drill a hole at this location and bolt it there but I am afraid it might compromise the frame:
xhh2CcIl.jpg

ixandstones said:
I bought the monkeybone but since the frame is slightly inadequate in the rear brake position (off by a few mm) the axleplate wont fit:

Get the OEM axle plate and put the torque tab into the dropout slot.

Chalo said:
ixandstones said:

No don't do this, under no circumstance with this frame.

I did just that and it basically bent the dropouts to the point of losing the wheel. So if you are running a powerful motor like the LR big block and a powerful enough controller DO NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ATTACH THE TORQUE AXLEPLATE TO THE REAR DROPOUTS. I rode less than 5 miles before the rear dropouts were bent over an inch and a half apart. Considering I was riding in traffic I counted my blessings that I did not lose the wheel and end up over or under a car.

ixandstones said:
Chalo said:
ixandstones said:

No don't do this, under no circumstance with this frame.

I did just that and it basically bent the dropouts to the point of losing the wheel.

You have to put the tab ahead of the axle, where the slot is strongest. You also have to run the axle as far forward as possible. It's the same as using the non-turn washers on any gearhub-- they're only as effective as what they're turning against.

I've had a Rohloff hub on a bike with 205mm crankarms for a dozen years now. I've weighed as much as 410 pounds during that time. Even with 44/16 gearing, that's a lot of torque, about 100 lbs-ft at the wheel just from standing on the front pedal. The dropout is made from good material, but it's skeletonized-- and the tab sits towards the opening of the slot. No problems.

Aha, good tip! It would be much better than what the axleplate was designed for (after the axle) but I have lost all faith in the strength of the luna cargo's dropouts.

I am going the way of blocking the speedbone axleplate under the disc brake mount.
FULzApWl.jpg

In the picture was the monkeybone disc brake mount since the magura mount was on the bike already, I will not be using the monkeybone but the stock magura mount.

Back