Made the 60mph club today

wesnewell

100 GW
Granted, it was down a hill, but still made 61.4mph. Was using my new Mobius bike cam to record some of the hills around here, and when I got back I had forgotten to take the lens cap off.

Congrats! Aaaaand, that's insane lol.

I recently hit 36mph on my peddle bike (Cannondale Super six) on a sloping downhill and it was exhilarating so smooth and so controllable. When I hit that same speed on my motorized bike I always think Im about to fry the bearings with all the crazy vibrations and noise lol. No idea how it must feel on an electric!!!!!

Perhaps a little insight to which bike you did this on?

Dan L.

I did it on the one in my sigline and avatar. IT will only go a little over 40 on level ground. Guess my 270 lbs didn't hurt much going DH. Don't know that I really want to go that fast again on it. it's an old asphalt road and I swear I think I went airborne at one point for a second when I hit a dip in road.

Bouncing that hardtail through a good size dip or bump, and standing it on the front wheel at 40-60 mph is not something you want to do twice. Too thrilling even for a hardcore adrenaline junkie like me.

That's why you dress for that stuff.

congrats!

I'm still barely shy of the membership requirements of the 40 mph club. Here it is too risky :(

The lens cap sounds about right. Life can't give you too many positives at once. I used to do illegal soapbox racing where we built the cars out of mostly dumpster scavenged parts and raced the biggest hills we could find. The start for 16 soapbox cars took a while to line up so I turned off my helmet cam (a point and shoot duck taped to my helmet - this was 2009) to save battery then forgot to turn it back on. Someone took me out with a victory spin at the end of the race and sent me into an epic roll. I was fine (the 4 point harness was the most expensive part of the whole car) but I still kick myself for not getting that footage...

Downhill doesn't count, one can do much faster than 60 without the need of a motor when powered by gravity. :wink:
Target 50 Mph 10% uphill, this will grant you a good place in the high power club. :twisted:

Nevertheless, congrads it is a good thrill the first time you hit 60 Mph
... especially if it is down a mountain trail :shock:

Definitely a thrill, downhill or however. Used to hit 60 mph regularly on my steel peugot 10 speed back in the day. No helmets back then, when we gravity raced Emory Pass.

But ebike 60 mph club is technically two runs, one each direction then averaged. Cancels out any hill or tailwinds.

My fastest bike ever would go 51 mph, but not both ways, 47mph remains my personal fastest ebike.

Back