Manitou shock - what's correct size mount hardware/bushings?

macribs

10 MW
I have a Manitou Evolver-ISX 6 rear shock, came without mounting hardware/bushings. This will go on a Vector frame.

Trying to find mounting hardware is not so easy. There are various sizes and I have no clue what would be the correct one.
Should I measure ID of the shock mount points on frame and swing arm? Or ID of the eyes of the shock?
Here you can see the choices of hardware: http://www.cheapbikeparts360.com/products/manitou-shock-mount-hardware/

What is the right choice for this air shock?

ERwnjgE.jpg

mDA8s8c.jpg

The measurements they give are the space between the mounting holes on the frame. The M size is the bolt size. If you look at where the mounting bolt goes through on the swing arm, it's the space between those two tabs.

Since your frame is hand built, I would measure your specific frame before ordering anything.
An M6 bolt can carry upto ~4000 pounds, and would leave more metal around the hole to give more strength. An M8 can take almost double that load, but there will be less metal around the hole in the bike frame. I'd suggest using what ever the frame is drilled for, but using a good grade 8 bolt.

So it is all about the correct bolt? I thought there should be a bushing of some sort first, then the bolt. Or is it the busing on the inside of the frame mount but on the outside of the shock? I am struggling with the language barrier and it is kind of hard for me to grasp what exactly I am looking for here.

Last time I changed shock on a motorcycle there was a busing of some synthetic material polyurethane I think. I find it strange not to use any bushing, wouldn't that in the end cause wear and premature failure to the shock mounting points(eye)?

Something like this was used on the motor cycle shock:

RK1673-4small.jpg

The part you put up the link for IS the bushing. On a bicycle shock the bushing is all metal, in 2 pieces.
This part:
2166.jpg

what you are looking at the the bushing as 2 pieces, one for each side. the part sticking up in the picture sticks in the holes in the shock. the fatter part sticking down goes to the outside. One goes in each side.

When the add says"
Shock mount hardware, M8x45.0mm
Bolt size: M8
Frame mount: 45.0mm

That means it has a hole through the center big enough for an M8 bolt. And combined they are 45mm wide. That means the space in the Frame mount needs to be 45 mm wide, measured on the inside.

Ohh that makes sense. Didn't think bushing would be in two parts. Sorry for being slow :oops:
Thank you drunkskunk.

Turns out that site was not working, or working for scams :)
I did find other bushings so it seems to be OK.

Back