Max volts for this controler

okay so after reading a little bit I see that it is a must to use two controllers with two motors and assuming I'm using one battery they would both have to be the same voltage rated controllers. But what about the motor? I haven't seen anything about using a 200 or 250w motor in the front for regen and a 1000w in the back for propulsion. I did see a bunch of post saying that it would be more inefficient to have two motors on a bike and not use them both due to drag, but I wonder if this is because usually they are both 1000w motors.

Idk it's starting to seem like more trouble than it's worth specially for a 60V application. One regen brake should be enough stopping power with the v brake in front and back.

But for 96V idk id say at least a disk break in front with v and regen in the back.

Forget the 200W front motor. You don't want it or need it. It will just cause more trouble than it's worth. Install the kit you bought. Ride it. Enable regen on the controller if you can figure it out. Ditto for cruise control. With 12s lipo you will get 28mph. With 15s lipo you will get 35mph. With a typical 16s lifepo4 pack you will get a little over 30mph. Once you know what you're doing, go from there.

Been riding 12 and 15s for about 3 months now. I've been running 12s lipo 40ah since the 4th o july and I already have gone through a set of brake pads in the front on my new bike. (Never got above 24mph on flat.) I have ordered the controller from that link just working out the specifics still with them. They said factory for h/m/l switch is 120/100/50%. I didn't even know there was an option for over 100% throttle! I asked them what is the max % of throttle before the controller burns up, no response yet. Also I've been reading that regen is just an on off switch that isn't variable. With a 48v controller running at 60v will this make it too hard of a brake force or is there a way to adjust this when ordering or with the CA?

Unless you have them set the LVC for a 60V pack instead of a 48V pack, regen probably won't even work. LVC has a direct reflection on regen. For a 60V lead pack, you need lvc set to 52V. Regen will then work up to about 68V. If you go much higher than that, it will still cut power, but it will not generate power back to the battery. If you're using an rc lipo pack, Have lvc set to 3.5V times the number of cells in series you use. For lifepo4, have it set to 2.5-2.7V per cell.

thank you as always very helpful with the basics.
Since the LVC is switchable on this controller I will tell them 52v and 42v.
Still wondering about the % of throttle thing. What is the max one can go?

I have no idea, but I've read of people burning up their controllers by going over 100%.

yah it seemed odd to me to go over 100%. 35mph is fast enough on my all aluminum no suspension beach cruiser.

So I never heard back from them when ordering the other controller and I kind of just gave up/got busy. Today I just ordered this one though.
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6430482652.html?orderId=65277993492406
This is for my hollandia commuter.
I told them to set the 3 speed switch to 50%-75%-100%, and regen to high or 12amp.
Then if I told them if it's too much trouble to just send as is.
They never seem to get things done for me.
Here is a picture of this bike. I used it all last summer.
Old people LOVE it. :lol:

Attachments

• 20150102_003431.jpg
    20150102_003431.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 690
heard back from them today.
"3 speed 50%-100%-120% is this okay?"

I's like yah it's okay.
Why do they ever say customizable if nothing ever is!
O well I'll just use cruise.
Why would anyone want 120%! Doesn't this just blow controllers? What exactly happens after 100% when pwm is just on all the time?
I've read a little bit about this one the 99% or 100% ? throttle thread. It looks like it go's into some weird pwm. Like strait for a while the pulse then strait. Is it a combo of strait and extra pulses on top of the constant on power? Then the scope only see's the pulses not the pulses and the on at the same time? Where would the extra power come from? :?

Back