• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Maximum Voltage Limits for IRFB4410 and IRFB4110

That's a very great find!!!

i'll check if they have the same 4.5miliohm and 180A current..

Doc

IRFB4410:

Drain to Source Voltage (Vdss) 100V
Current - Continuous Drain (Id) @ 25° C 96A
Rds On (Max) @ Id, Vgs @ 25° C 10 mOhm @ 58A, 10V
Input Capacitance (Ciss) @ Vds 5150pF @ 50V
Power - Max 250W

IRFB4110:

Drain to Source Voltage (Vdss) 100V
Current - Continuous Drain (Id) @ 25° C 180A
Rds On (Max) @ Id, Vgs @ 25° C 4.5 mOhm @ 75A, 10V
Input Capacitance (Ciss) @ Vds 9620pF @ 50V
Power - Max 370W

Eventhough for the higher breakdown voltage at the same temp, i would go for the 4110..

but that'S a nice try :wink:

Hi Wayne,

I have been using the 4410's and I haven't blown any up yet. They are in a DC-DC converter, not a motor controller, but handling similar currents and voltages. Switching speed is higher than a controller, so the lower gate cap is useful.

The point about ringing and voltage limits is a good one. There are volts and volts of ringing when these things switch; you won't always see it on a scope because it will be at high frequency and the scope probe will change it. But it does mean that the peak drain-source voltage is more than a simple circuit analysis would suggest.

Nick

I'm also going with 4410 as the 4110 genuine ones are not always available and much more expensive, the 4410 are much easier to get

also going with 18 fet controllers will make the 4410 less of a worry at higher current levels

Did anyone notice prices for IRFB4110 spiked on Digikey. I swear it was like 4 something dollars for one before. now it's like 7.30.

Back