MBS All Terrain 100mm All Terrain Flywheels

OH yah! This one is interesting... We can actually retrofit our boards with these.

all_terrain_wheels_-_black_3.jpg

http://shop.mbs.com/accessories-486/mountainboard-wheels/mountainboard-tires/mbs-all-terrain-longboard-wheels.html

I sure hope the abec looking spoke design is to scale- if it is than this is awesome!

They really do need to be wider though: I mean, when you go their website they are just so darn skinny it almost makes then un-usable... lol, not

Would you give a try to this torqueboards?

That could be awesome if it worked :)

they looks like they are center set and i'd bet our regular flywheel hub wouldn't stick out far enough to have clearance past the side of the wheel for the belt. You'd have to run some sort of spacer i'd guess and longer bolts.

Neat find - would be a great intermediate option before full pneumatics!

Interesting!

They don't mention what the compound is though, would imagine it would be thane, but never know if it is strictly and an offroad wheel. The rounded contact patch with knobs would be useless on the street.

I'm pretty sure the core is the exact same. Wouldn't make sense to re-make one.

Compound might be the regular urethane just a different thread design.

I doubt it can ride on thick grass but might be able to ride/grip onto smaller rocks/dirt better than the normal slick tires.

I might buy it.

I imagine it's mainly for dirt and not really true off-road.

sl33py said:
they looks like they are center set and i'd bet our regular flywheel hub wouldn't stick out far enough to have clearance past the side of the wheel for the belt. You'd have to run some sort of spacer i'd guess and longer bolts.

Neat find - would be a great intermediate option before full pneumatics!

Who is the manufacturer of this wheel? the hub look exactly like the one on the Marbel Board.
see...
http://ridemarbel.com/products/100mm-electric-blue-marbel-wheels

I am still waiting on the 100mm wheels and this looks like it would fit the marbel drive gear. They must use it for other sized too. and without the belt cover it can fit more sizes.

@stealth71
I got my 44T gear for a 97mm clone wheel from beetbocks (Alien Drive)
Perfect fit.

torqueboards said:
You can always use the 97mm clones. They aren't that much different from 100mm.
thanks torque

you mean the 97 flywheel clones to replace the Marbel 100mm wheels? Yeah! I decided to get the 83mm on Amazon since the 100mm are coming later this month from Marbel

What is the largest street wheel i can get that has that same hub for my Marbel drive gear?
I think i found the 107mm but i would have to lathe one wheel down.
I think The 83 and 97 should fit the marbel if the belt cover is taken off. at 52mm wide since the 76mm marbel wheel is 53mm wide.

71Ca1gRpLEL._SL1500_.jpg

If they perform anything like the standard "off road" elecrtric skateboard wheels....

Parts-pix-33.gif

Then the net result is buzzing feet from the vibrations and no discernable extra grip on loose dirt or mud. Too much power on such small wheels means traction on anything other then tarmac, regardless of tread pattern , is very limited.

Back