Mid-drive motor on an enduro bike frame

Also, one more thing. If I were to buy a battery, where would I get one? I've had an enormous amount of trouble finding one that fits the size specifications of the stealth bomber battery case, BMS current rating and not be extremely expensive. Do you know of any good websites to get them? (72v, 60A continuous 120A peak and preferably ~20ah)

depends on your location somewhat.. battery or builder maybe could be sourced more locally for easier shipping and closer by service, etc.. the battery build quality is the worst place to skimp;).. :flame:

I agree that I don't want to go cheap, but what do you mean by locally sourced? How would I find a local battery maker?

in CA contact some of your local or nearest ebike and electric motorcycle dealers for some possible local battery builders or reputable sources.. there's also Luna, litespeed, hi C, HPC, evm3 .. etc..

in CA contact some of your local or nearest ebike and electric motorcycle dealers for some possible local battery builders or reputable sources.. there's also Luna, litespeed, hi C, HPC, em3ev .. etc..

I have the battery below, it fits perfectly and has been problem free.

https://em3ev.com/shop/em3ev-72v-20s10p-rectangle-battery-pack-24-5ah-29-5ah/

Thanks for the recs. I'll probably go with the battery you linked. It has good current ratings and it will fit. It's a little expensive but there's no reason to skimp on battery quality.

Yeah don't skimp on the battery, that's the heart of the bike. It's a bit pricey but I was ok with paying because I didn't have a spot welder at the time. If you want to save some cash you could build it yourself if you feel comfortable enough. I build my packs now, but it's kind of nice to just pay someone and it show up lol.

Palo Alto, nice I used to commute there for work for 5 years, right there on Deer creek rd.

good luck with the build!

I agree, I don't own a spot welder and soldering balance leads on 200 cells seems like a lot of work. It sure will be nice to just have it show up ready to go.
Thanks for the advice!

......20 balance leads

I have that battery in the workshop at the moment on another build.
A quality well built pack that performs well :bigthumb:

Right yeah I misspoke. Still a decent amount of work though. I think I'll just go with the em3ev pack.

I have to big up the Tangent...had one for years now and love it.

Chain snapping was an issue right at the start but it was only due to chainline issues...if you're snapping them that is the issue. I quickly switched to an afline 8 IGH and am on the same chain and chainrings as I was 1500 miles ago...no snapping at all, one adjustment for stretch and one alfine sprocket and that has been it.

It pulls me and a 2kw battery around on a steel full suspension frame through UK mud and hills without grumbling.

Tangent drive sure looks cool. It's also a neat idea with the gear reduction. How much is it?

It's not too expensive compared to the endo build I'm considering... How is the noise? I heard it can be quite loud

Sorry I meant tangentmotors.com but I'm not sure you can buy them right now/any more?

Mine is noisier than most as it is mounted differently by way of direct to metal mounts without the rubber dampner it came with so the sound reverberates up the steel frame....but the noise is present and can be heard by pedestrians ahead of me which I like as it saves asking them to move over when I'm riding:)

Try this https://vimeo.com/411415070

[youtube]0C5hlyI6F1E[/youtube]
4.8kw with pedals
[youtube]jzLg_oAuAkU[/youtube]
10kw without pedals

Replacement swingarms for eeb frames, you can buy them seperate.

The Tangent does seem a little loud, but that’s ok. Coaxial is a good consideration as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalevvaska said:
The Tangent does seem a little loud, but that’s ok. Coaxial is a good consideration as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC motors are always loud.
edit: Plus you need some massive reduction gears depending on the KV of the motor which can put a snag in building an ebike with a rc motor, but the Tangent is not a bad setup, its just not my thing. I prefer to be silent, so hub motor and for more silence a sinewave controller.

Yeah a lot of RC motors spin way too fast. My current ebike uses an RC motor with a sinewave controller and it's pretty quiet. It doesn't accelerate well even with a 1 to 10 reduction at 149kV.

Would this EEB frame allow me to install a Cyclone 6kW or BBSHD (although BBSHD is more expensive here in EU), and use rear cassette (52t/11t) and 42t crankset (just like a normal bike)?

And also, what kind of battery have you guys managed to fit in there? 72v 40A?

I can not fit a triangle battery in my old FS MTB, as there's very little space there. So I am just gonna buy a frame and build an eBike from the ground up.

Back