Mini ebike

Just talk to ping, he can make a battery to fit pretty much any dimension you need, within limits of course.

Pretty sure SLAs and A123s are of different voltages, requiring separate chargers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Pure said:
Just talk to ping, he can make a battery to fit pretty much any dimension you need, within limits of course.

Pretty sure SLAs and A123s are of different voltages, requiring separate chargers. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That's a good idea to talk to Ping or even cellman might be able to custom fit something in A123?

I confess to using SLA chargers every once in a while for other chemistry as long as the bulk charge voltages are somewhat compatible. Trouble is, most SLA chargers employ a final trickle or top-charge which runs counter to what Lithium and particularly NiMh require.

It's only for short and supervised charging and/or used in conjunction with an off timer so that there's no trickle for voltages to creep up and cook your pack.

Best IMO to stay away from this type of hack until you've got a good understanding of your battery when used with properly designed charging equipment.

Ok so these wont fit my current battery box, but I think I'm going to run (3) in series (2 in battery box, 1 in panier bags)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4pk-12V-7AH-8AH-SLA-Batteries-Replaces-UB1270-UB1280-Razor-Scooter-Sealed-Lead-/170814030178?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item27c54f4162
These are 12v 7ah SLA's. I'd run (3) of them in series for 36v 7ah and I'd have 1 extra battery. $60 seems really reasonable!
Ok so then I'd need to figure out a charger.. Can someone recommend one? A 36v SLA charger?

I ordered a custom LiFePO4 battery 36V10AH from a HonkKong manufacturer and total cost with charger was under $300. Did not use the old battery case- cut off the locking stem from the battery housing area and direct wired the battery myself and tucked it into the housing. Open locktop and plug in to charge battery. Runs great.

Greetings !!

I'm new to this - having just purchased an old Lee Iacocca Mini e bike.

As with the original poster of this thread - I've got battery issues.

Did they make two models of this mini e bike ?? The motor on mine says 24V... but the seller provided a 36V charger..??

And he also provided two batteries. One working and one not. I opened the non-working one this morning and the inside label says 36V. I haven't opened the working pack yet...

Can a 36V charger and a 36V battery work in the 24V model ??

Apologies for the lame and basic questions... but it's all completely new to me.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve W
Southern California

This has some info:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14417&p=504314&hilit=Lee+Iacocca+mini#p504314

HI this is eMoped .... I have a good Idea ... sell the EV Global silver mini to ME ! Other than that see battery University for a fairly quick education on battery technology. Ya don't want wifey to burn the Garage down. You can text me at 954-205-3547 Ride On ! :D

Back