mixing cells on pack build

hey guys im in the process of building a konion pack from makita packs and i have 10 cells from milwaukee 18v lithium packs already kicking around the house. there tan and labeled 18650 and are the same size as the konions. my question is can they be used in the same battery pack build. my plan was to make a 8p 10s pack and put 1 of the milwaukee cells in each parallel group? would this work and if so would it cause any problems later?

thanks

To my knowledge,these are at least the same chemistry, however mixing different cell impedances is never an optimal configuration. If you do, I recommend putting 1 parallel string of the milwawkee cells. This will help keep the impedance relatively consistent and and cells well have a better chance to be balanced. I would do some more research on the milwuakee cells first just to be safe, I'm sure someone else will chime in to tell you for sure.

It should work if they are the same chemistry. If you're putting one cell in each parallel group than it wouldn't even really matter that they are the same size.. even though they happen to be in this case.

Back