Modified Zero MX and Norco Shore One project from Germany

Hey guys, this is my first post on Endless-sphere. I spent a lot of time reading on ES in the past ~ 2 years though...
Seems like there is no place for new members to introduce themselves... So..: I'm 31 years old and I like MX, Downhill and Quads, anything you can jump with.
About 10 months ago I bought a Zero MX.
Mods so far are:

A fan to cool the Motor (simple on/off switch)

Some layers of selve-adhesive material to prevent the battery from moving. These sheets work well and are easy to work with..if anyone's interested I can tell you more.

Cooling and Tuning kit from Picoamps for the Perm PMG132 Motor.

It came with a street legal lights kit, but I took as much off as possible to keep the weight down and not ratteling everthing off...

Plans for the future (Zero MX): Make a 2nd battery pack with A123 20Ah cells and get better suspension.

End of last year I also bought a Norco Shore One with the intension to convert it to electric. Not much done to it yet, but after a lot of search in the www, thoughts and ideas, I think I finally found a good setup to start with:
Motor: Magic Pie 3 (using the Pie's internal controller)
Battery: Not sure yet, but a box (for the frame triangle) with 26650 cells or Headway round cells are my favorites right now.
I´m trying to make a batterybox that is removeable so I can quickly turn it back to a regular DH bike by mounting a motorless rearwheel.
Keeping it stealth and simple is my goal - the Pie with internal controller helps to reduce the cables.
I had the conversion in mind before I bought the Norco. I choose it because out of all Downhill bikes I was looking at, this had the best space for batteries in the frame triangle.

Now some pics:

That cardboard thing is a spacer ("prototype") for my batterie box

06032012016.jpg

06032012019.jpg

The damper cartridge is usually above the spring (in the triagle), luckily it´s possible to turn it downwards to have more room for the box. In the background you can see the Picoamps cooling kit on the Zeros PMG132 Motor.

06032012020.jpg

I would be happy about any comments from you guys. So please feel free to write what you think about the conversion or when you have questions.
I will keep this udated with the progression of the build.

Thanks
Philipp

Longest distance I did was about 30km on relatively flat terrain. I was driving quite economically but still some playing around (drifting on gravel, some unnecessary climbs etc.)
I'm also careful with my batteries so I'm not trying to get the last bit out of them.
I'm sure 35- 40km is possible (driving economically).

Dude your prob gonna get way longer range on your new ebike build...

iv got a magic pie, ripped out the internal controller, drilled holes in the sides, painted the inside with high temp rust resistant paint.
Its bullet proof at 5kw,

Back