mon-goose to MON-STER

winkinatcha said:
Wow dude, missed all this drama...awesome outcome. Props to you for looking after crash bloke.
Thanks man. He's a good bloke so I had to help him.

winkinatcha said:
crank got bent? Chain ring side or less? I have a bazillion cranks 2nd hand but straight happy to send you one or set for nix cos of your drama plus good stuff you do. Feel free to pm t. Joe
Cheers. I've fixed it I think. Haven't tried it yet but it looks pretty straight.
Edit
Was left, no chain side.

pendragon8000 said:
winkinatcha said:
Wow dude, missed all this drama...awesome outcome. Props to you for looking after crash bloke.
Thanks man. He's a good bloke so I had to help him.

winkinatcha said:
crank got bent? Chain ring side or less? I have a bazillion cranks 2nd hand but straight happy to send you one or set for nix cos of your drama plus good stuff you do. Feel free to pm t. Joe
Cheers. I've fixed it I think. Haven't tried it yet but it looks pretty straight.
Edit
Was left, no chain side.

damn man, I was worried for a second there!! good to hear the favorable outcome. And yea, at a guess, id say the cops confiscated it because if the injured bloke had ended up either asking questions himself or ended up with serious injuries then they probably would have gotten in some hot water for not taking it. It'd be interesting to know though what the laws are re taking peoples stuff on the spot. I'm guessing the cops would just need to have 'reasonable suspicion' (whatever that means!) to be able to confiscate things.

Hows the other bloke? heard from him yet?

What kind of wheel do you need? I've got a spare bike sitting here, not really ride able since its a crappy mid drive i never quite finished, but its rear wheel spins true if you just need a swap out for the day (assuming the one your loaning jay is not a frocker). And yea, we all still on for friday? I think I'll try and finish off my larger 10ah pack this week for a little more range... Your in the SE suburbs right?

The cop. I think "senior constable" basically said he understood it would inconvenience me and said he can drive me home and prioritize the dyno test. So Maby technically i could have refused the detaining of my bike. But given the circumstances and his professionalism I didn't argue about what he requested.

The wheel is OK but a spoke did work through the tube on the dented part of rim so for now there is extra piece of rubber in there.

Yeah Friday is on. I'm well keen :D

And I'm near the brickworks . meet at mine or city? I have 2 bc168's and a bulk charger for 18s if you want to top up after ride to mine? Maby we could just cruse around the Torrens to the city . personally I'd love to hit up the wheat sheaf hotel on the way in.

maybe it's time to apply a security perimeter with the tavern :wink: :wink: :wink: life is like batteries, cycles...I whish you the best next
maybe it's time to give a try to the Michelin BEER foam :D :D http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/5174/i/michelin-bib-mousse-flat-proof-competition-foam-tube
0000-michelin-bib-mousse-flat-proof-competition-foam-tube---.jpg

dan974 said:
maybe it's time to apply a security perimeter with the tavern :wink: :wink: :wink: life is like batteries, cycles...I whish you the best next
maybe it's time to give a try to the Michelin BEER foam :D :D http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/5174/i/michelin-bib-mousse-flat-proof-competition-foam-tube
0000-michelin-bib-mousse-flat-proof-competition-foam-tube---.jpg

Dan, by chance, have you tried mounting one of those? Do you have a technique for mounting these? If so, please share. I don't know if they are made for bicycle tires, but the MC tire I tried putting this in years ago had me saying four letter words in mass volumes. :evil: The only way I would ever touch another bib Mousse would be to pay someone to mount it for me. :lol:

Rick

Hats off, unfortunate stuff dealt with well. You made a lot of good choices. Except for letting someone pissed ride a motorbike. Park riding in the dark hides so many dangerous rocks and ditches. Then again depending how pissed he was ( alot knowing hanging with you) he could have fallen of sitting on a stool with the same injuries.

I wish I had such a slow motor, even at 20 amp limited 1p 18s my 4065 hits over 60km on flats. eesh

Anyway this story goes into the ebike chronicles.

yeah i like the slow motor with high voltage battery and high amp controller. it was origionally inspired y keplers bomber hot rod. I thought that was so frocking amazing when i first saw it, and its still pretty amazing really. the acceleration on that must have been unreal. 125v 60amp 5305 or 5306 i think.

an added bonus is the fets not switching to limit current at top speed /desired speed makes it slightly more efficient to.

thanks for the suport Bozi, It was a strange few minuets hey. we were talking to him to distract from the pain. asking about tv shows:
random guy:"do you watch the wire?"
me "yeah love that"
injured guy "no .. aghhh"
random "do you watch the walking dead"
me "frocking sick show"
injured guy "nope ... owww fu-u-uck"
me "shit this might sound weird but i can beat box brety good would that distract you?"
injured guy "mmm ok"
so i proceed to rip a break...
random guy "dude that was the sickest frocking beat box ive ever seen any one do man.. i want my mate to came and drop ryhems on that shit"
injured guy was like wheres the ambulance , poor guy, I still havent hered from him and doubt I will now.

LOL

pendragon8000 said:
I still havent hered from him and doubt I will now.
you're making it sound like he left a glass slipper behind :lol:
You never know, if he was keen on ebikes (until he went over the bars) he may hit up google and find his way here.

hey guys i found some choice jumps not far from my house on a recent exploration of the park lands. theres a bit near the train line near adelaide high school. its like REALLY BIG woops, or like a massive dirt table top made by two dirt half pipes. i couldnt beleive it when i found it just a nice patch of hidden away grass area behind trees near the train overpass.

video soon.

i also hit up the bmx track, got some smooth air a couple times.

pendragon8000 said:
hey guys i found some choice jumps not far from my house on a recent exploration of the park lands. theres a bit near the train line near adelaide high school. its like REALLY BIG woops, or like a massive dirt table top made by two dirt half pipes. i couldnt beleive it when i found it just a nice patch of hidden away grass area behind trees near the train overpass.

video soon.

sweet mate I got some time off next couple weeks, will have to have another ride!

sn0wchyld said:
pendragon8000 said:

video soon.

sweet mate I got some time off next couple weeks, will have to have another ride!
Shit yeah :D

The guy that broke his collar bone contacted me. sounds like he's optomistic and everything will be okay.

I just went for a bit of a ride along a dirt track in the park lands out to the jumps i mentioned before.

dirt bike cops were there, you can see the 2 sets of tyre prints in the dirt in the video below. lucky i wasnt blitzing the other way 30seconds earlyer or they may have quized me. just gave a nod and hit the record button on the camera.
[youtube]Nt8BOy_fwJc[/youtube]

Some nice air time Ken, yah your bikes works better than one would think. I could tell on the 3rd person rollers that you got it dialed. Thanks for posting the vid.

Rick

What the hell are dirt cops? Do they check your grundies?

seriously, what the hell are they? cops on motorbikes? can you please describe them as I have never seen a cop on a dirt bike.

and dood you might be being followed. they may have even intercepted your forum posting here and now they know you every move before you make it.

:?: da da dadadadadad

John Bozi said:
What the hell are dirt cops? Do they check your grundies?

seriously, what the hell are they? cops on motorbikes? can you please describe them as I have never seen a cop on a dirt bike.

and dood you might be being followed. they may have even intercepted your forum posting here and now they know you every move before you make it.

cops on motorbikes? can you please describe them as I have never seen a cop on a dirt bike.

Thats pretty much it around here. Usually rookie cops fresh out of the academy we call em "River Rats" they usually just buzz around by the river trails and hassle kids.

John Bozi said:
as I have never seen a cop on a dirt bike.

John, since you never seen a cop on a dirt bike, here you go. Now you can say you have. Glad I could help. :mrgreen:

Rick

Attachments

• 11.png
    11.png
    107 KB · Views: 2,027
dan974 said:
I spent a while tuning the suspension under Rix advice

would you plz share your settings ? do yo have a L/H speeds settings ?
Dan its http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/au/en/manitou-radium-expert-lock-out/rp-prod57830
Rear shock.
Pumped up so it sags about 30% Maby a bit more.
Rebound is set medium slow . I adjusted it till too slow then bought it back. Now u can hammer jumps and it loves it.
Suspension on front is ssimilar. Sags about 20% and is not fast or slow just medium. Not bouncy that's for sure. In the last jump last vid right in front of the camera I land a bit tail whipped front wheel first, smooth tyres on grass . wasn't worried at all its such a predictable ride.

Rix. Ha. What a boss. Yeah that's pretty much what they looked like except blue instead of red bikes. And white dirt bike helmets. No goggles though. Sounded like 500cc 4 strokes.

Damn Ken, reading what you came up for your shock settings,you got your shock dialed. Yah, rebound IMO, is the aspect to focus on. The best way I found to dial it is in the woops. With hubmotors, you want it slow enough that it doesn't return fast, but fast enough so your rear is extended before the next woop. Let me guess, when you had your rear too slow, it felt like a hard tail when you hit the second and consecutive bumps? If its too slow,you bike will let you know thats for sure. Rider sag and front end are also critical, but more for handeling as your geomtery can be effected by rear sag. But your sag ratio from the front and rear is close to what I have as well. My rider sag is probably right at 3 inches rear, and front at 1.75-2 inches. Having the front rebound slightly quicker than the rear helps big time on down hill woops that have the tendency to toss the rider over the bars. Sounds to me like you got all that worked out. In fact, for Jay to comment on how good your bike worked and being surprised by it, its got to be good to go. He dind't say shit about my setup in Yosemite. Of course, I got set up for guys in the 230-255 pound weight range. Not the 160-180 range that Jay would be happy with. Glad you are happy with it. I just went through and re read your build. I forgot that you increased the head tube immensly for strenght. Probablyt he only flex you go are where the stanchions and bottom crown meet. So, when you going to go the 4065 route?

Rick

Back