• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

moon rover bms

redwhittaker

1 µW
I'm chasing Google's Lunar X-Prize for landing and roving on the moon. (Search on "Astrobotic"). This is a small-scale electric vehicle requiring low power performance, but high reliability, and thermal/vacuum conditions that are not customarily treated in this forum. What I need is an insider-view to the Zephyr V4 bms that was treated extensively for years in this forum, but is no longer active. I want to take the basics of a Zephyr V4 bms, then upgrade with high-reliability components to tolerate the moon conditions. I could just start from the "Zephyr V4" topic, but that would be a long slog. Better if I could connect with the schematic. Even better if I could connect with the board design. Even better if I could connect with part-list. Best if I could connect with someone like Richard Fechter, but that is probably dreaming. I posted earlier, and got viewers, but no operational response to get me going. Could anyone point me to schematic, board or coaching?

redwhittaker said:
I'm chasing Google's Lunar X-Prize for landing and roving on the moon. (Search on "Astrobotic"). This is a small-scale electric vehicle requiring low power performance, but high reliability, and thermal/vacuum conditions that are not customarily treated in this forum. What I need is an insider-view to the Zephyr V4 bms that was treated extensively for years in this forum, but is no longer active. I want to take the basics of a Zephyr V4 bms, then upgrade with high-reliability components to tolerate the moon conditions. I could just start from the "Zephyr V4" topic, but that would be a long slog. Better if I could connect with the schematic. Even better if I could connect with the board design. Even better if I could connect with part-list. Best if I could connect with someone like Richard Fechter, but that is probably dreaming. I posted earlier, and got viewers, but no operational response to get me going. Could anyone point me to schematic, board or coaching?
PM Fechter

Back