• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Mounting PAS sensor

emiyata

100 W
I am mounting the cheap PAS sensor to the SRAM crank. The sensor mounts fine but the crank arm with gear cluster mounts too close, so I can't mount the disc,so I am planning on moving it to the other side. I will have to make the hole bigger on the magnetic disc. Hopefully it will hold with friction or I will build a clamp using a small hose clamp. I was surprised I could not find much using the search engine. Must be searching using the wrong key words. I know it's a piece of junk but I want to try it with my 3 speed switch and see how it goes.
If someone knows the magnet spacing from the (I think its a hall ) sensor and other details that would be great.

Thanks
Steve

mounting on the left side is much easier, though doesn't look as nice since it's not hidden. The spacing is roughly a half centimeter but its pretty forgiving.

emiyata said:
If someone knows the magnet spacing from the (I think its a hall ) sensor and other details that would be great.
maybe these pics could help?
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=585380#p585380
file.php

file.php

amberwolf said:
emiyata said:
maybe these pics could help?
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=585380#p585380
Mine is not the square shaft. I have the round shaft. The more that I look at this, maybe this year I will skip it. I want to run the Thun PAS next year.

But the magnet spacing should be the same either way. If not, you can find out what spacing you need, by passing hte magnet across the PAS sensor manually, with the motor wheel off ground, and see what the max spacing is that causes it to trigger.

amberwolf said:
But the magnet spacing should be the same either way. If not, you can find out what spacing you need, by passing hte magnet across the PAS sensor manually, with the motor wheel off ground, and see what the max spacing is that causes it to trigger.
Later this spring I will visit this problem again. The focus now is to get the bike running for spring. I will get it running.
update
I decided to get a different crank assy. and it mounts up properly.

Back