• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

My proposed Ebike Kit - any advice?

BATFINK

10 kW
Hello guys here is the kit i plan to purchase to replace my current setup.
Current setup is a 250 watt bafang front hub with 36 volt 10 amp it gives me 15/16mph and 22miles range with pedalling hard.

I plan to buy bafang 500 watt fromt motor in 26 wheel with RPM at 393
and also to use a 48 volt battery Lipo or Lifepo4

here is the choices i have made:
motor kit:
http://www.bmsbattery.com/ebike-kits/346-bafang-350watts500watts-bpm--motor-e-bike-kit.html
possible battery:
http://www.bmsbattery.com/packs/153-48v-12ah-38140-lifepo4-battery-16-cells-ebike-battery-pack.html
I am flexible on the battery choice.

Does anybody more experienced know what my top speed and possible range would be with that kit?
also i have a 36 volt 10amp battery already so could i use that battery as a backup to run the new kit as well?

Any advice greatly appreciated

I think the seller is pretty reputable BMS battery. I could make torque arms or buy them no problem

Who would you recommend fried wires? i fancy getting some items from CELL_MAN but everywhere i read about him on the forum it just says he's so busy doing this and that. I don't want to trouble the guy if he's already stowed under, anybody have answers to my questions regarding the battery being used as a backup or recommend a better system?
Thanks

i would recomend cellman over bms battery.it might take a few days to get an order in but he speaks english,he ships right away,and will get your order right.you would be lucky if bmsbattery shiped three weeks after you ordered.and then they'll give you a bs tracking #. stick with cellman

You get what you pay for and there are options for everyone.

My 48V12ah Li battery from Chicago Electric Bikes was $700 including shipping. The BMS battery the OP listed would be about $450 to $500 with shipping to me. Of course, mine was assembled in the US (Allcell battery), had quick turn around, was dealing with a US company run by someone who posts here in Endless Sphere, and weighs nearly half of the BMS battery (~8 lbs vs. 14 lbs.). If quick delivery wasn't important to me when I built my bike (I had opportunities to ride coming up that I didn't want to miss waiting for a battery) I might have gone cheaper with someone like cell_man. The weight difference didn't seem overly important to me at first, but I'm very happy with it now.

Nothing wrong with the hardware choices. But it can be hit or miss with big chinese companies. Stuff gets shipped, you are the quality controll. Fine if it's all good, not fine if it's not. For many of us, a warantee on the same continent is worth more money. Same thing applies to a lot of the ebay vendors out there. Great price if the stuff arrives in working shape. If not, have fun.

Bms battery does have a rep for slow. Not sure if they are slow to ship, or you merely get it shipped by boat. Cellman can be slow too, depending on what is up. Nothing wrong with that if low cost is more important than fast and local. For me, I do prefer to buy on continent if possible. But ALL my batteries were shipped from china.

I have ordered 48v10ah lifepo4 from bmsbattery. It is in transit via Fedex. Looks like it will reach in a day or two. Takes about a week from placing order till receiving the battery. WIll keep posted once it arrives.

pradeepswain said:
I have ordered 48v10ah lifepo4 from bmsbattery. It is in transit via Fedex. Looks like it will reach in a day or two. Takes about a week from placing order till receiving the battery. WIll keep posted once it arrives.
where do you live? in hong kong?

Wow that is fast, clearly you bought something they had in stock. I've had stuff from hobby king come from china nearly as fast, but other times it took more like two weeks. If you opt for the cheapest possible shipping, some places will send stuff by boat. Then it can take more than a month.

I received the battery yesterday. The packaging was satisfactory.

It was 53volts before charging and 56.1v after charging for a brief period.
Dimensions: 13.2" (L) 6" (w) 3.2" (H).

Tried connecting with Amped rear DD kit, but the throttle won't lit. There seems to be a problem. Will post in a separate thread.
But bmsbattery looks good so far.

Back